Thursday, January 2, 2014

Thursday , January 2- SHOULD A THORN PIERCE ME


Thursday , January 2

SHOULD A THORN PIERCE ME
1 TIMOTHY 6:11-19
“...and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness.”
1 Timothy 6:11
Should a thorn pierce and wound me,
I pull myself away from it…but I do not abhor it!
When darts of invidious malice
poison me with antipathy,
my plant silently avoids it and turns itself
toward the purer ambience of love and charity.
Resentfulness?  What does it do anyone?
What have resentments ever achieved?
They neither heal our wounds nor correct a wrong.
My rosebush has barely enough time to produce flowers,
Rather than lavishing saps upon thorny spears.
Should my enemy approach my rosebush
He will steal the most beautiful of my roses.
And if any of them were a vivid red,
It would be the blood spilt from evil deeds
Of yesterday, wounds of rancor and violence,
That my rose bush has transformed into a flower.
Amado Nervo

Prayer: Lord, do not allow meanness, rancor and hate to grow within us.  Give us the ability to transform thorns into roses. In your holy name. Amen.
SI UNA ESPINA ME HIERE
1 TIMOTEO 6:11-19
“...y sigue la justicia, la piedad, la fe, el amor,
la paciencia, la mansedumbre.”
1 Timoteo 6:11
“¡Si una espina me hiere,
me aparto de la espina … pero no la aborrezco!
 Cuando la mezquindad  envidiosa
En mí clava los dardos de su inquina
Esquívase en silencio mi planta, y se encamina
Hacia  más puro ambiente de amor y caridad.
¿Rencores? ¡De qué sirven!
¿Qué logran  los rencores?
Ni restañan heridas, ni corrigen el mal.
Mi rosal tiene apenas tiempo para dar flores,
Y no prodiga savias  en pinchos punzadores.
Si pasa mi enemigo cerca de mi rosal
Se llevará las rosas de más sutil esencia.
Y si notare en  ellas  algún rojo vivaz,
Será el de aquella sangre que su malevolencia
De ayer vertió, al herirme con encono y violencia,
Que mi rosal devuelve trocada en una flor.”
Amado Nervo

Oración: Señor, no permitas que la mezquindad, rencores y odios prosperen en nosotros. Que seamos capaces de trocar las espinas en rosas. En tu santo nombre. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment