Monday, February 10, 2014

Monday, February 10


THE PSALMS:
MEDITATIONAL READINGS
PSALM 18
“I love you, O Lord, my strength.”
Psalm 18:1

The Psalms are hymns of love and hope; this is why reciting them fills us with an inexpressible peace. In those moments during which we seek refuge from our daily struggle by reading them, it feels like we are hearing the Lord’s message filled with joy and faith; in other words, it feels like we are receiving the answers that we were awaiting.

Each Psalm contains a reason for joyfulness and for life, and that is why we can join the psalmist in exclaiming: “My God and my fortress…have mercy on me, hear my prayer”; “Come to me, Lord, save me by your love; I wish to praise you with all my heart.” “I sought my refuge in the Lord”; “Protect me oh God, for I seek refuge in you”; “You, Lord, are my strength…my stronghold, my deliverer, my God”; “You are my rock and my fortress”; “The Lord is great. Our God is worthy of praise.”

Seek out the book of Psalms today and read them, reflect upon them and apply these songs to your life.

Prayer: We thank you, Lord, for everything that you give to us. Amen.

LOS  SALMOS:
LECTURAS PARA LA MEDITACION
SALMO 18
“Te amo, oh Jehová, fortaleza mía.”
Salmo 18:1
Los Salmos son himnos de amor y esperanza; por eso el recitarlos nos llenan de una paz inefable. En los momentos en que huimos del afán cotidiano para refugiarnos en su lectura, nos parece que oímos el mensaje del Señor cargado de gozo y fe; es decir,  nos parece que nos llegan las respuestas que estamos esperando. En cada Salmo hay un motivo de gozo y vida, por eso podemos exclamar junto al salmista: “Dios y defensor mío… ten compasión de mi, escucha mi oración” “Ven Señor, sálvame por tu amor, quiero alabarte con todo  mi corazón”. “Yo busqué mi refugio en el Señor” “Cuida oh Dios de mí, pues en ti busco protección. “Tú Señor, eres mi fuerza… Tú eres mi protector, mi lugar, mi libertador, mi Dios” “Tú eres  m roca y mi castillo”. “El Señor es grande. Nuestro Dios es digno de alabanza”.

En este día, busca el libro de los Salmos, léelos, medita e interpreta estos cantos a la vida

Oración: Gracias Señor, te damos por todo cuanto nos das. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment