Sunday, February 9, 2014

Sunday, February 9


BEGIN WITH YOURSELF
MATTHEW 7:1-6
Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?”
Matthew 7:3

In my youth my prayer consisted in saying to God: “Lord, give me the strength to change the world.”  As I grew into an adult, I became aware that half my life had been spent without having converted a single soul. I transformed my prayer and began to say:  “Lord, give me the grace to convert those who come into contact with me.  Even if it is only within my family and among my friends.  I will be satisfied with that.” Now that I am an old man and my days are numbered, I’ve begun to understand what a fool I’ve been. My only prayer is the following: “Lord, give me the grace to change myself.” If I had prayed in that manner all along, I would not have wasted my life.

As this testimony expresses, we need to be willing to acknowledge our errors, instead of looking at the speck of sawdust in another’s eye. May God allow us to start upon the road to transformation beginning with ourselves!
 
Prayer: Lord, give us the courage to change our lives in such a way that we reflect your light. Amen.

EMPIEZA POR TI MISMO
MATEO 7:1-6
¿Por qué miras la paja que está en el ojo de tu hermano y no echas de ver la viga que está en tu propio ojo?”
Mateo 7:3
De joven  mi oración consistía en decir a Dios: “Señor, dame fuerzas para cambiar el mundo". A medida que fui haciéndome adulto, caí en cuenta de que me había pasado media vida sin haber logrado cambiar a una sola alma. Transformé mi oración y comencé a decir: - "Señor, dame la gracia de transformar a cuantos entran en contacto conmigo. Aunque sólo sea a mi familia y a mis amigos. Con eso me doy por satisfecho".  Ahora, que soy un viejo y tengo los días contados, he empezado a comprender lo tonto que yo he  sido. Mi única oración es la siguiente:- "Señor, dame la gracia de cambiarme a mi mismo".  Si yo hubiera orado de este modo desde el principio, no habría malgastado mi vida.

Así como expresa este testimonio, debemos estar dispuestos a  reconocer nuestros errores, en vez de mirar la paja en el ojo ajeno. ¡Qué Dios nos permita comenzar por nosotros mismos el camino de transformación!
 
Oración: Señor, danos valentía para cambiar nuestras vidas de tal manera que reflejemos tu luz. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment