Saturday, April 19, 2014

SATURDAY, APRIL 19 ISAIAH 35:1-10

SATURDAY, APRIL 19
THE DAY BEFORE

                                                                                         ISAIAH 35:1-10             

“You have made known to me the path of life;
You will fill me with joy in your presence,
With eternal pleasures at your right hand.”
Psalm 16:11

It was not the first time I had directed the morning service on the day prior to Easter Sunday.  I had previously had that privilege, but this was my first time doing it from a wheelchair.  I felt nervous, afraid that making my way to the altar might bump some object to the ground. Nevertheless, my joy was greater than my worries. Even though I could not walk and was in pain, I had the absolute certainty that Jesus Christ was showing me a new life. The future was uncertain, but I felt that the company of my Lord was more powerful than any threat.  And that is how embarrassment gave way to praise and I was able to sing joyfully to the resurrected Jesus. That morning I began to understand that beyond pain and physical limitations lays a completely new life that Jesus gives us each day.  I understood that the abundant life does not depend on favorable circumstances, but rather on the presence of his Spirit in the world and in our lives.  Tomorrow on Easter we will experience great things. God’s daily presence fills my life with joy in spite of adverse circumstances.


Prayer: Lord of eternal life, help me to see that my joy does not depend on the circumstances of my earthly life, but rather on your faithful and permanent company. Thank you for Jesus, who conquered the tremendous limitation of death. Amen.


EN LA VÍSPERA
ISAÍAS 35:1-10
“Me mostrarás la senda de la vida; en tu presencia
hay plenitud de gozo, delicias  a tu diestra para siempre”
Salmo 16:11
No era la primera vez que dirigía el culto matutino previo a la Resurrección. Anteriormente había tenido ese privilegio, pero esta era la primera vez que lo hacia desde una silla de ruedas. Me sentía nerviosa, temía que mis desplazamientos al altar pudieran tirar algún objeto. Sin embargo, mi gozo era mayor que mi preocupación. Aunque no podía caminar y me sentía adolorida, tenía la absoluta seguridad de que Jesucristo estaba mostrándome una nueva vida. El futuro era incierto, pero sentí que la compañía de mi Señor era más poderosa que cualquier amenaza. Por eso la pena cedió su paso a la alabanza y pude cantar con júbilo al Jesús resucitado. Esa mañana empecé a experimentar que más allá del dolor y las limitaciones físicas está la vida completa que Jesús nos da cada día. Comprendí que la plenitud de la vida no depende de las circunstancias  favorables, sino de la presencia de su Espíritu en el mundo y en nuestra vida. Mañana en su resurrección sentiremos grandes cosas. La presencia cotidiana de Dios llena mi vida de gozo a pesar de las circunstancias adversas.

Oración: Señor de la vida eterna, ayúdame a ver que mi gozo no depende de las circunstancias de mi vida terrenal, sino de tu compañía fiel y permanente. Gracias por Jesús que venció la tremenda limitación de la muerte. Amén.


No comments:

Post a Comment