Tuesday, April 29, 2014

TUESDAY, APRIL 29 MATTHEW 11:25-30

TUESDAY, APRIL 29
KNOWING HOW TO BEAR THE LOAD
MATTHEW 11:25-30

“The testing of your faith develops perseverance.”
James 1:3
Members of certain African tribes position a heavy load on top of their heads when they need to cross a large river. Doing so allows them to tread steadily and to always maintain perfect balance with their eyes on the distant horizon. Isn't that a beautiful image of a believer who is going through a time of testing and  who is carrying a heavy load?

I should keep my eyes on Jesus, the author of faith, so that I don’t allow myself to succumb to discouragement, or to be fearful of the powerful waves.
I should raise my load up high,   trusting in the Lord’s help.  Then I will find that the load is lighter than I had feared.
I should be certain of where to direct my steps, leaning on prayer and the Word, in order to discern the will of God in any everyday decision in my life.
I should maintain my balance. Testing makes us aware of our weaknesses. It draws us closer to the Lord.

We need to know how to carry our load “on top of our heads” and the Lord will go with us.

Prayer: God of goodness, thank you for strengthening us and for allowing us to bear our load in victory. Amen.


SABER LLEVAR LA CARGA
MATEO 11:25-30
“La prueba de vuestra fe produce paciencia”
Santiago 1:3
Los miembros de ciertas tribus africanas se colocan una pesada carga sobre la cabeza cuando deben vadear un río importante. Esto les permite caminar con paso seguro y mantenerse siempre en perfecto equilibrio con la mirada puesta en la lejanía. ¿No es esta una hermosa imagen del creyente que atraviesa una prueba cuya carga pesa sobre él?
Debo poner los ojos en Jesús, el autor de la fe, para no dejarme llevar por el desaliento, ni estar preocupados por la fuerza de las olas.
Debo llevar mi carga bien erguido, con confianza en la ayuda de mi Señor. Entonces experimentaré que la prueba es menos pesada de lo que temía.
Debo asegurar mis pasos, apoyándome en la oración y la Palabra, para discernir la voluntad de Dios en cualquier decisión cotidiana de mi vida.
Debo mantener mi equilibro. La prueba nos hace tomar conciencia de nuestra flaqueza. Nos acerca al Señor
Sepamos llevar la carga “sobre la cabeza” y el Señor irá con nosotros.
Oración: Dios bueno, gracias porque tú nos fortaleces y nos permites llevar la carga en victoria. Amén.



No comments:

Post a Comment