Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Tuesday, April 8 ACTS 1:6-11

Tuesday, April 8
WITNESSING
TO INCITE A THIRST FOR GOD

ACTS 1:6-11

“Jesus said: ‘But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses…’”

 Acts 1:8ª

A short while after accepting the Lord, I realized that one of the tasks that He expected of me was to share my testimony with others. I thought this meant going to house to house, or stopping strangers on the street to speak to them about the Gospel.  That thought discouraged me because I knew I lacked the courage to do those things.

One day I read something that showed me another aspect of witnessing: “A young vendor who had failed in his sales, apologetically explained to his boss: ‘you see, sir, it’s as the saying goes:  You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make it drink.’ The boss replied: ‘Son, your task is not to make the horse drink; it’s to make him thirsty.’ 
When I read this I realized that a Christian’s testimony should awaken the thirst in others to know God. We should show others the happiness and satisfaction we feel in living for Christ, and thus incite in others the thirst to know God.


Prayer: Lord, I pray that you will help me to live in such a manner that my words and my actions will create the desire to know you in others. For Christ Jesus. Amen.  

 UN TESTIMONIO
QUE PROVOQUE SED DE DIOS

HECHOS 1:6-11
“Jesús dijo: recibiréis poder cuando haya venido
sobre vosotros el Espíritu Santo, y me seréis testigos...”
Hechos 1:8a
Poco tiempo después de aceptar al Señor, reconocí que una de las tareas que Él esperaba de mí, era que yo compartiera con otras personas mi testimonio. Creí que eso significaba ir de casa de casa, o parar a personas desconocidas por la calle para hablarles del Evangelio. Eso me desanimó porque sabía que no tenía el valor suficiente para hacerlo.

Un día leí algo que me mostró otro aspecto del testimonio: “Un vendedor  joven que había fracasado en sus ventas, disculpándose, le explicó a su jefe: Mire usted, es como dice el refrán: Se puede llevar un caballo hasta el agua, pero no se le puede obligar a beber.” El jefe le contestó: “Hijo, tu tarea no es hacer que el caballo beba, sino hacerle sentir sed”.

Al leer esto reconocí que el testimonio del cristiano debe despertar en los demás la sed de conocer a Dios. Debemos mostrar a otros la felicidad y satisfacción que sentimos al vivir por Cristo, y provocar en otros la sed de conocer a Dios.

Oración: Señor, te ruego que me ayudes a vivir de tal manera que mis palabras y mis acciones provoquen en otros el deseo de conocerte. Por Cristo Jesús, amén.  


No comments:

Post a Comment