Monday, June 23, 2014

Monday, June 23 PRAYER AT THE START OF THE DAY PSALM 118:21-29

Monday,  June 23
PRAYER AT THE START OF THE DAY
PSALM 118:21-29
“Commit your way to the Lord;
Trust in him and he will do this:
He will make your righteousness
Shine like the dawn,
The justice of your cause like the noonday sun.”
Psalm 37:5-6
On this new day that you have given me, oh Lord, give me my portion of joy and help me to become a better person. I am lucky, at the end of the day, to carry one less hatred within me; if a light guides my steps and if I have extinguished one more error and if through my coarseness, nobody shed their tears, and if someone received the joy offered by my tenderness.  Give me the gift of health, the faith, the warmth, the intrepid retinue of youth; and the harvest of truth, the reflection, the sensitivity and the retinue of old age. Allow each tomb along the path to help me see each rough stone of betrayal that my contemptible eye failed to notice.  And incorporate me more powerfully, without protest or blasphemy.  And allow my illusion to enlighten the path, and enable me to love it.  Help me to give the totality of goodness… and to give love to every being that needs to be loved; the sum of blooming fragrances and of dawn’s clouds to the sea.  And, at the last, my conceited century in its material grandeur, do not allow me to forget that I am clay and I am mortal.  Love other beings today: find the light in every difficult situation.  Love my joy and my suffering; cherish the proof of my cross!

Gabriela Mistral

Prayer:   Lord, we ask that, at the start of each day, we may be able to entrust our way to you. We wish to listen to your voice and to follow your steps. Amen.


ORACIÓN AL COMENZAR EL DÍA
SALMO 118:21-29
“Encomienda a Jehová tu camino,
y confía en él; y el hará”
Salmo 37:5
En este nuevo día que me concedes, oh Señor, dame de mi parte de alegría y haz que consiga ser mejor. Dichoso yo si, al fin del día, un odio menos llevo en mí; si una luz mis pasos guía y si un error más yo extinguí, y si por la rudeza mía nadie sus lágrimas vertió, y si alguien tuvo la alegría que mi ternura le ofreció. Dame tú el don de la salud, la fe el ardor, la intrepidez, séquito de la juventud: y la cosecha de verdad, la reflexión, la sensatez, séquito de la ancianidad. Que cada tumbo en el sendero, me vaya haciendo conocer cada pedrusco traicionero que mi ojo ruin no supo ver. Y más potente me incorpore, sin protestar, sin blasfemar. Y mi ilusión la senda dore, y mi ilusión me la haga amar. Que dé la suma de bondad… y dé amor que a cada ser se manda a dar; suma de esencias de flor y de albas nubes a la mar. Y que, por fin, mi siglo engreído en su grandeza material, no me deslumbre hasta el olvido de que soy barro y soy  mortal. Ama a los seres este día: a todo trance halle la luz. Ame mi gozo y mi agonía; ¡ame la prueba de mi cruz!
Gabriela Mistral
Oración: te pedimos Señor, que al comenzar cada día podamos encomendar a ti nuestro camino. Queremos escuchar tu voz y seguir tus pasos. Amén


No comments:

Post a Comment