Saturday, June 14, 2014

Saturday, June 14 HE LIFTS ME IN HIS ARMS PSALM 61:1-5

Saturday,  June 14
HE LIFTS ME IN HIS ARMS
PSALM 61:1-5
“The eternal God is your refuge,
And underneath are the everlasting arms. ”
Deuteronomy 33:27

During a parade which I recently attended, the crowds began to express their enthusiasm when they heard the instruments of a school band in the distance. A little boy in back got up on his feet trying to see.  Unable to see, he began to cry and his father lifted him upon his shoulders. From there he was able to enjoy the parade. The little boy needed a different perspective in order to be able to see.  The solution was for his father to lift him up in his arms.

In my spiritual life I also need for my Heavenly Father to lift me above my circumstances. Times of testing block my way at times. I don’t understand how it is that God can make everything work for good.  Just as when I was a young child I didn’t need to worry because I knew that my father would always be there for me.  Tomorrow we will celebrate Father’s Day.  The Bible always reminds me that God is my Father and that his eternal arms are my support.


Prayer: Thank you, Lord, for my earthly father.   Thank you for being my Heavenly Father. Amen.

ME ALZA EN SUS BRAZOS
SALMO 61:1-5
“El eterno Dios es tu refugio
y sus brazos eternos son tu apoyo”
Deuteronomio 33:27

En un desfile al que fui hace poco, la multitud comenzó a expresar su entusiasmo cuando los instrumentos de la banda de música escolar empezaron a escucharse en la distancia. Un niño que estaba atrás se puso en pie tratando de ver. Como no podía, comenzó a llorar y su padre lo puso en sus hombros. Desde ahí disfrutó del desfile. El niño necesitaba una perspectiva diferente para poder ver. La solución llegó cuando su padre lo levantó en sus brazos.
En mi vida espiritual también necesito que mi Padre Celestial me levante  por encima de las circunstancias. Las pruebas a veces me bloquean el camino. No entiendo como es que Dios puede hacer que todas las cosas obren en bien. Como tampoco cuando era niño me tenía que preocupar pues sabía que mi padre siempre estaría ahí para mí.
Mañana celebraremos el Día de los Padres. La Biblia me recuerda siempre que Dios es mi Padre y que sus brazos eternos son mi apoyo.

Oración: Gracias Señor, por mi padre terrenal. Gracias por ser tu mi Padre Celestial. Amén.


No comments:

Post a Comment