Thursday, June 19, 2014

Thursday, June 19 AFFLICTION AND TIME 1 THESSALONIANS 5:1-11

Thursday,  June 19
AFFLICTION AND TIME
1 THESSALONIANS 5:1-11
“I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.”
Romans 8:18
The afflictions I have today are nothing if I think about the blessings which await me at the Lord’s side.  My present sorrows are like a tempest in a glass of water when I compare them to the coming joys and the glory that God will pour out within us when we are in his presence, in the Kingdom of Heaven.

That is why my sufferings do not deter me on my life’s journey. I continue to conquer the obstacles and I wait for the day of the Lord.  I rejoice in my afflictions like the Apostle Paul, because that is when we have the Spirit of God nearest to us.
Prayer: Oh God, forgive us if sorrows erase my trust in you from my heart.  Bless me so that your glory will enlighten me and so that I can victoriously overcome and be a faithful witness of Jesus. Amen.


LA AFLICCIÓN Y EL TIEMPO
1 TESALONISENSES 5:1-11
“Pues tengo por cierto que las aflicciones del tiempo
presente no son comparables con la gloria venidera
que en nosotros ha de manifestarse”
Romanos 8:18
Mis aflicciones de hoy son nada si yo pienso en la bienaventuranza que me espera junto a mi Señor. Mis dolores del presente son como una tempestad en un vaso de agua cuando los comparo con las alegrías y la gloria venidera que Dios derramará en nosotros cuando estemos en su presencia, en el Reino de los Cielos.
Por eso mis sufrimientos no me hacen detenerme en el camino de la vida. Continúo venciendo los obstáculos y espero el día del Señor. Me gozo como el Apóstol Pablo en mis aflicciones, porque es cuando más cerca de nosotros tenemos al Espíritu de Dios.


Oración: Oh Dios, perdónanos si las penas borran de mi corazón la confianza en ti. Bendíceme para que tu gloria me ilumine y yo pueda sobreponerme victoriosamente y ser un testigo fiel de Jesús. Amén 

No comments:

Post a Comment