Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Wednesday, June 18 OFFER YOURSELF TO GOD ROMANS 6:1-18

Wednesday,  June 18
OFFER YOURSELF TO GOD
ROMANS 6:1-18
“Do not offer the parts of your body to sin, as instruments of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God, as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer the parts of your body to him as instruments of righteousness.”
Romans 6:13
A few years ago I attended a worship service that celebrated communion.   After being in communion with the Lord in prayer, singing hymns and hearing the Word preached, the moment arrived for us to participate in sharing the bread and wine.  I did not participate. A great feeling of guilt for my errors made me feel that participating in communion would be offensive to the Lord. At the close of the service the Pastor asked me about my attitude. After giving him my reasons he told me: “There is no better opportunity for offering oneself to the Lord than when we feel like true sinners. He alone can work effectively in our lives.” 

I’ve often thought about those words.  They have served me well in my relationship with my God.  Since then I have been able to understand that the best way to offer myself to God is just as we are, with our weaknesses, our inabilities, and our defects; and above all with the fervent desire to find forgiveness and the assurance of a true and abundant life in Him.

Prayer: Lord Jesus, we come before you just as we are. We need you.  You are the reason for our existence and without you we are nothing.  Help us and forgive us. Amen.


PRESÉNTATE A DIOS
ROMANOS 6:1-18
“Ni tampoco presentéis vuestros miembros
al pecado por instrumentos de iniquidad; antes
presentaos a Dios como  vivos de los muertos, y vuestros miembros a Dios por instrumentos de justicia”
Romanos 6:13
Hace algunos años asistí a un Culto de Santa Cena. Después de estar en comunión con el Señor orando, cantando himnos y oyendo la predicación de la Palabra llegó el momento en que debíamos participar de los elementos: el pan y el vino. Yo no lo hice. Un gran sentimiento de culpa por mis errores me llevó a pensar que participar de la Cena sería ofender al Señor. Terminado el culto el Pastor me preguntó acerca de mi actitud. Después de referirle mis razones él me respondió: “No hay mejor oportunidad para presentarse ante el Señor que cuando nos sentimos verdaderos pecadores. Solo así  Él puede obrar eficazmente en nuestras vidas”. Muchas veces he pensado en aquellas palabras. Me han servido  de mucho en mis relaciones con mi Dios. Desde entonces he podido comprender que la mejor forma  de presentarse ante Dios es tal y como somos, con nuestras flaquezas, debilidades y defectos; y sobre todo con el deseo ferviente de encontrar en Él el perdón y la seguridad de una vida abundante y veraz.

Oración: Señor Jesús, ante ti estamos tal y como somos. Te necesitamos. Tú eres la razón de nuestro existir y sin ti nada somos. Ayúdanos y perdónanos. Amén.


No comments:

Post a Comment