Saturday, August 2, 2014

Saturday, August 2 HOW SHOULD WE BEHAVE? ROMANS 12

Saturday,  August 2
HOW SHOULD WE BEHAVE?

ROMANS 12
 “Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position.” 
Romans 12:16

Once upon a time the mountain said to the abyss:

 “From my majestic peaks, I have the world at my feet.  I contemplate the most beautiful sunrises and the most splendorous sunsets. The light of the moon caresses my body and I feel like I am among the stars because I can almost touch them.  My presence is so great that I can almost say that I am touching God.  And you, insignificant abyss, what are you doing down there?” 

And the abyss replied: “I am the one who holds you up.”

There are times when life leads us to become a mountain or an abyss.  We have to decide if we wish to live arrogantly among others due to the position we occupy, or to humbly help to hold up and serve others.


Prayer: Lord, help me to be humble like the abyss and never arrogant like the mountain. Amen.


¿CÓMO QUEREMOS SER?

ROMANOS 12
 “No  sean orgullosos sino pónganse
al nivel de los humildes” 
Romanos 12:16

Una vez la montaña le dijo al abismo:
- “Yo desde mis majestuosas cumbres tengo el mundo a mis pies. Contemplo los más bellos amaneceres y los más esplendorosos crepúsculos. La luz de la luna acaricia mi cuerpo y me siento parte de las estrellas porque casi puedo tocarlas. Es tan grande mi presencia que casi puedo decir que toco a Dios. Y tú insignificante abismo ¿Qué haces allá abajo?”, y el abismo contestó:
- “Yo soy quien te sostengo”.

A veces, la vida nos puede llevar a ser montaña o abismo.  Nos toca decidir si queremos vivir vanagloriándonos ante los demás por la posición que ocupamos, o ayudar a sostener y  servir a otros humildemente.


Oración: Señor, permite que sea humilde como el abismo y nunca arrogante como la montaña. Amén.



No comments:

Post a Comment