Thursday, September 25, 2014

Thursday, September 25 OUR CHILDREN ARE WATCHING DEUTERONOMY 6:1-9


 

Thursday, September 25

 

OUR CHILDREN ARE WATCHING

DEUTERONOMY 6:1-9

“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.”

Deuteronomy 6:5

It can be disturbing to think that our children often reflect the manner in which we speak and act. I remember being worried one day by the incorrect way that my son used to speak to his sister when she was bothering him.  My spouse told me that his behavior was a reflection of my own. Indeed, a few weeks later I found myself speaking very poorly to my son.  Encouraged by my wife, I apologized to him for my behavior and told him that I would learn to treat him with more respect.  In the following months I noticed that my son’s attitude toward his sister also improved.

 

Our children do not learn to love and to obey God only by what we say.  They also learn by observing what we do.  We need to teach them constantly about God and his Word when we sit down at home, when we walk along the path, when we lay down and when we get up.  Together with what we say to our children, we need to set an example through our love and obedience to the Lord.  We cannot be perfect parents, but our children should see our great desire to please the Lord.  And when we fall short, they need to see our repentance.  We teach them through what we say and with what we do.

 

Prayer:  Just as you are a good parent, we ask that our daily attitude might show only the best to our children.  Amen.

 

NUESTROS HIJOS OBSERVAN

DEUTERONOMIO 6:1-9

“Amarás al Señor tu Dios con todo tu corazón,

con toda tu alma y con toda tu fuerza”

Deuteronomio 6:5

Puede ser perturbador pensar que nuestros hijos muchas veces reflejan la manera en que hablamos y actuamos. Recuerdo haberme preocupado un día por la manera incorrecta que usaba mi hijo para hablar a su hermana cuando ella lo estaba molestando. Mi esposa me dijo que su conducta era un reflejo de la mía. En efecto, unas semanas después, me descubrí hablándole muy mal a mi hijo. Alentado por mi esposa, le pedí disculpas por mi conducta y le dije que aprendería a tratarlo con más respeto. En los meses siguientes noté que la actitud de mi hijo hacia su hermana también mejoró.

Los hijos no aprenden a amar y a obedecer a Dios sólo por lo que decimos. También aprenden observando lo que hacemos. Hemos de enseñarles constantemente acerca de Dios y su Palabra cuando nos sentamos en nuestra casa, cuando andamos por el camino, cuando nos acostamos y cuando nos levantamos. Junto con lo que decimos a nuestros hijos, tenemos que dar el ejemplo por  medio de nuestro amor y obediencia al Señor. No podemos ser padres perfectos, pero nuestros hijos deben ver nuestro gran deseo de agradar al Señor. Y cuando nos quedamos cortos, tienen que ver nuestro arrepentimiento. Les enseñamos con lo que decimos y con lo que hacemos.

 

Oración: Tal como tú eres un buen padre, te pedimos que nuestra actitud diaria muestre a nuestros hijos sólo lo mejor.  Amén.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment