Sunday, October 19, 2014

Sunday, October 19 ANSWER ME WHEN I CRY OUT TO YOU PSALM 102


Sunday, October 19

 Lay Ministry Day

ANSWER ME WHEN I CRY OUT TO YOU

 

PSALM 102

 

“Turn your ear to me; when I call, answer me quickly.”

Psalm 102:2.

Truthfully, many of my prayers sound like that.  I know how to pray correctly in front of other people: without making any demands of God, without giving deadlines or ultimatums; without hoops to jump through to prove God’s power. But when I am alone with God, I am sometimes more impatient.  Come on, God, answer me right now!

 

A while back I was a student in Villa Clara and there I met a guy, then I returned to Havana and when I went back to the central region after summer vacation, I sadly found out that my “first love” had a girlfriend.  On my way back home I kept hearing sad songs about those broken dreams.  In one of them, a husband finds himself with an old girlfriend and after a brief conversation, she leaves and he goes off with his wife, thanking God that those prayers had not been answered: the ones where he had been certain that his old calling was his destiny. The song’s refrain spoke to me then and still does today:  “At times the greatest gifts from God are our unanswered prayers.”  I would prefer for God to answer quickly, but at times, He has other plans.  And I have to wait.

 

Prayer: Lord, teach us to wait patiently in you, and to always be thankful for your answers, no matter what they are.  Amen.

 

 

 

Día del Ministerio Laico

RESPONDE CUANDO TE LLAMO

 

SALMO 102

 

“Inclina a mí tu oído;

respóndeme pronto cuando te llame.”

Salmo 102:2.

Sinceramente, así son muchas de mis oraciones. Sé cómo orar de la manera correcta delante de otras personas. Sin demandas a Dios, sin poner plazos ni dar un ultimátum; sin aros que atravesar para demostrar el poder de Dios. Pero estando a solas con Dios, a veces soy un poco más impaciente. ¡Vamos, Dios, contesta ahora mismo!

Hace tiempo fui a estudiar a Villa Clara y allí conocí a un muchacho, luego regresé a La Habana y cuando volví de vacaciones otra vez a la región central descubrí con melancolía que mi "primer amor" tenía novia. De regreso a casa una y otra vez escuché canciones tristísimas de esas de sueños rotos.  En una de ellas, un esposo se encuentra con una novia anterior y después de una breve conversación, ella se aleja y él se va con su esposa, agradeciendo a Dios que no contestara aquellas oraciones, en las que él estaba seguro de que aquella vieja llama sería su destino. El estribillo de la canción me habló entonces y todavía lo hace hoy: “A veces los mayores dones de Dios son las oraciones no contestadas”. Prefiero que Dios se dé prisa pero, a veces, Él tiene otros planes. Y tengo que esperar.

Oración: Señor, enséñanos a esperar pacientemente en ti, y agradecer siempre tus respuestas, sean cuales sean. Amén.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment