Friday, January 16, 2015

Friday, January 16 MY FIRST SIBLINGS JOHN 13:31-35

Friday, January 16
MY FIRST SIBLINGS
JOHN 13:31-35
“By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”
John 13:35

The first Sunday that I attended my Church I sat next to an elderly married couple; she sweetly smiled at me and made room for me with great kindness by her side on the pew. At that very moment I knew that I had found my first siblings in Christ. This kept repeating itself week after week and a link of friendship and fellowship was established between us.  She taught me to understand the liturgy, the organization and systems of the Church, which was new to me, and for which I will always be grateful.  It has been over a year since they stopped coming to Church due to serious health problems and by the grace of God I have become a sort of spiritual bridge between them and the ongoing community activities.  I’ve been able to keep them updated.  Each time I visit them I share with them and maintain a constant prayer to God for their health.

I am thankful to God for the opportunity to serve Him and to share in His work through visitation, prayer and service to others with all my love and Christian faith.  I give thanks to Him because there is always something that we can do for the good of others.


Prayer: Our God, thank you for the opportunity to give love and to offer help to those who need us. Amen.


MIS PRIMEROS HERMANOS
JUAN 13:31-35
“En esto conocerán todos que ustedes
son mis discípulos, si se aman unos a otros.”
Juan 13:35

El primer domingo que asistí a mi Iglesia, me senté junto a un matrimonio de la tercera edad, ella me sonrió con simpatía y me hizo espacio a su lado en el banco con mucha amabilidad. En ese momento yo supe que había encontrado a mis primeros hermanos en Cristo. Así se repitió semana tras semana y fue estableciéndose un vínculo de amistad y hermandad entre ellos y yo. Ella me enseñó a conocer la liturgia, el orden y el sistema de la Iglesia, nueva para mí, por lo cual siempre estaré agradecida. Hace más de un año que ellos dejaron de asistir al Templo por problemas serios de salud y yo me he convertido por la gracia de Dios en una especie de puente espiritual entre ellos y las actividades que se realizan en la comunidad. He procurado que estén actualizados. Cada vez que les visito comparto con ellos y mantengo una plegaria constante a Dios por su salud.
Agradezco a Dios la oportunidad de servirle y de trabajar en su obra, visitando, orando y sirviendo con todo mi amor y fe cristiana al prójimo. Le doy gracias porque siempre hay algo que podemos hacer en bien de los demás.

Oración: Dios nuestro, gracias por darnos la oportunidad de dar amor y brindar ayuda a quienes nos necesitan. Amén.


No comments:

Post a Comment