Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Wednesday, January 14 Anniversary of the Church in La Fernanda FREEDOM TO CHOOSE MATTHEW 5:38-42

Wednesday, January 14
Anniversary of the Church in La Fernanda

FREEDOM TO CHOOSE
MATTHEW 5:38-42
Turn from evil and do good;
Seek peace and pursue it.”
 Psalm 34:14
He was a committed and strict professor, a fair and understanding man. At the end of the term, as the teacher was organizing some documents on top of his desk, one of his students approached him and in a challenging manner said: “I sure am happy this class is over, Professor, because it means that I won’t have to listen to your dumb lectures or have to look at your boring face any more.” The student held himself defiantly erect, seemingly arrogant, and was expecting for the professor to lose control and react in an offended manner.  The professor looked at the student for a moment and very calmly asked him:  “When somebody offers you something you don’t want, do you accept it?”  “Of course not,” replied the young man in a disrespectful tone.  “Well then,” continued the professor, “when someone tries to offend me, he is offering me something, which I can decide not to accept.  But if I allowed myself to become offended, I would be accepting your gift.  Young man, your rage will pass, but don’t try to leave it with me, because it doesn’t interest me. Each day, at every moment, you can choose which emotions or feelings you wish to place in your heart.  I recommend that you seek the peace of Christ, because if you choose bitterness you will have it until you decide to change.”

The freedom that a life in Christ has given us is so great that we even have the option of becoming embittered or of being happy.


Prayer: Lord, make me an instrument of your peace; where there is hate, allow me to place love; where there is offensiveness, help me to place forgiveness. Amen.


Aniversario de la Iglesia  en La Fernanda

LIBERTAD PARA ELEGIR
MATEO  5:38-42
Aléjate de la maldad, y haz lo bueno; busca la paz, y síguela.”
 Salmo 34:14
Era un profesor comprometido y estricto, hombre justo y comprensivo. Al terminar la clase, mientras el maestro organizaba unos documentos encima de su escritorio, se le acercó uno de sus alumnos y en forma desafiante le dijo: -Profesor, lo que me alegra de haber terminado la clase es que no tendré que escuchar más sus tonterías y podré descansar de verle esa cara aburrida. El alumno estaba erguido, con semblante arrogante, en espera de que el maestro reaccionara ofendido y descontrolado. El profesor miró al alumno por un instante y en forma muy tranquila le preguntó:
-Cuándo alguien te ofrece algo que no quieres, ¿lo recibes? -Por supuesto que no, contestó en tono despectivo el muchacho. -Bueno, prosiguió el profesor, cuando alguien intenta ofenderme me está ofreciendo algo, que puedo decidir no aceptar. Pero si me ofendo, estaré aceptando tu regalo. Muchacho, tu rabia pasará, pero no trates de dejarla conmigo, porque no me interesa. Cada día, en todo momento, tú puedes escoger qué emociones o sentimientos quieres poner en tu corazón, te recomiendo que busques la paz de Cristo, porque si elijes la amargura la tendrás hasta que decidas cambiar.
Es tan grande la libertad que nos da la vida en Cristo que hasta tenemos la opción de amargarnos o ser felices.

Oración: Señor, haz de mí un instrumento de tu paz, donde haya odio, ponga yo amor; donde haya ofensa, ponga yo perdón. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment