Thursday, February 12, 2015

Thursday, February 12 WHY ME? MARK 2:13-17

Thursday, February 12
WHY ME?
MARK 2:13-17

“On hearing this, Jesus said to them, ‘It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.’”
Mark 2:17

As do many others, when I am faced with difficulties I ask, “Why me, Lord?”  At other times, however, this question also arises when I am faced with God’s goodness towards me. As I ponder being a new creature today, remorseful of having lived a youth laden with errors and vanities, I ask myself, “How does God accept me as his daughter?”

On the occasions when I have shared with some friends about their need to implore and receive God’s forgiveness, they are annoyed and reply that they “are not hurting anyone and that their lives are just fine.”

I pray constantly for my family and for some friends who do not see the need to follow God and although I sometimes despair feeling that God doesn’t seem to hear me, I maintain faith that they will be transformed one day and will acknowledge Jesus Christ as their Savior.  If you also encounter this experience, hang on to your faith; our only task is to continue to sow the tiny seed with our prayers and our testimony, and God will take care of making it grow. We only need to keep loving our loved ones and praying for them so that God will open their eyes and their hearts.

Prayer: Beloved God, help us to love others as you love us, so that they will believe in you and serve you. Amen.


¿POR QUÉ YO?
MARCOS 2:13-17

“Jesús los oyó, y les dijo: No son los sanos los que necesitan
de un médico, sino los enfermos. Y yo no he venido a llamar
a los justos, sino a los pecadores”
Marcos 2:17

Al igual que muchas personas, cuando tengo dificultades me pregunto ¿Por qué yo, Señor? Aunque, en otros momentos, esta pregunta también surge al ver la bondad de Dios hacia mí. Al pensar que hoy soy una persona nueva, arrepentida de haber vivido una juventud cargada de errores y vanidades, me pregunto ¿Cómo Dios me acepta como su hija?
En ocasiones cuando he compartido con algunas amistades sobre su necesidad de implorar y recibir el perdón de Dios, ellos se molestan y me responden que “no le hacen daño a nadie y que sus vidas están muy bien”
Oro constantemente por mi familia y por algunas amistades que no ven la necesidad de seguir a Dios y aunque a veces me desespero al sentir que Dios no parece oírme, mantengo la fe de que ellos sean transformados algún día y reconozcan a Jesucristo como su Salvador. Si usted también atraviesa esta experiencia, mantenga la fe, solo nos queda seguir sembrando la semillita con nuestras oraciones y nuestro testimonio, ya Dios se encargará de hacerla germinar. Sólo nos queda seguir amando a nuestros seres queridos y orando por ellos para que Dios les abra los ojos y los corazones.

Oración: Querido Dios, ayúdanos a amar a los demás como tú nos aman, para que ellos crean en ti y te sirvan. Amén.


No comments:

Post a Comment