Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Tuesday, February 24 GOD COUNTS ON YOU PHILIPPIANS 4:8-9

Tuesday, February 24
GOD COUNTS ON YOU
PHILIPPIANS 4:8-9
“Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice.  And the God of peace will be with you.”
Philippians 4:9

Looking back on my life, I think I squandered my youth and did not serve God the way I do now that I have reached my so-called “sunset years”.  And it’s not that I was a bad person before; I simply did not have the mature and committed faith as in this stage in my life in which I am convinced that God has purposes and plans for me. I now understand that my life has meaning because I try to do God’s will and to live as closely as possible to the way Jesus taught.

Fortunately in my life, even though I grew older in years, God made everything new within me. Today I want for people who observe me to know, through my actions and words, that I am a Christian woman. I am not talking about extraordinary actions.  Simple actions of love, service, and obedience can demonstrate the faith we have.

Some people think that the fact that we have been going to church or have lived for many years are proof and reason enough to express an adequate testimony of faith.

Ask yourself today: Do I demonstrate my Christian commitment through my actions?  Am I achieving God’s purpose?

It doesn’t matter if you are new or old in your faith life; you will discover every day that there is much to be done and that God is counting on you.

Prayer: Beloved Father, I commit myself to honor you and to obey your decrees. Amen.


DIOS CUENTA CONTIGO
FILIPENSES 4:8-9
“Lo que ustedes aprendieron y recibieron de mí;
lo que de mí vieron y oyeron, pónganlo por obra,
y el Dios de paz estará con ustedes”
Filipenses 4:9
Al mirar atrás en mi vida, pienso que desaproveché mi juventud y no serví a Dios de la manera que lo hago ahora, cuando ya he llegado a la llamada tercera edad. Y no es que antes fuera una mala persona, simplemente que no tenía una fe madura y comprometida como en esta etapa de mi vida en la que estoy convencida de que Dios tiene propósitos y planes conmigo. Ahora comprendo que mi vida tiene sentido porque trato de hacer la voluntad de Dios y vivir lo más cerca posible a la manera que Jesús enseñó.
Afortunadamente en mi vida, aunque me avejenté en años, Dios hizo en mí, todas las cosas nuevas.
Hoy quiero que las personas que me observan sepan por mis hechos y palabras, que soy cristiana. No hablo de hechos extraordinarios. Simples acciones de amor, servicio, obediencia, pueden demostrar la fe que tenemos.
Algunas personas piensan que el hecho de llevar mucho tiempo en la iglesia o tener muchos años vividos son razones suficientes y probadas para expresar un adecuado testimonio de fe.
Pregúntate hoy ¿Demuestro con mis acciones mi compromiso cristiano? ¿Cumplo con el propósito de Dios?
No importa si eres una persona nueva o vieja en la fe, descubre todos los días que hay mucho por hacer y Dios cuenta contigo.

Oración: Padre amado, me comprometo a honrarte y a obedecer tus designios. Amén



No comments:

Post a Comment