Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Tuesday, May 12 FINAL MEETING 1 THESSALONIANS 4:13-18

 Tuesday, May 12
FINAL MEETING
1 THESSALONIANS 4:13-18

    Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up
in the clouds together with them
1 Thessalonians 4: 17

I’ll never forget the vigil sitting beside my father’s casket when he passed to eternity. Even now that moment continues to profoundly affect me. He was always disposed to help and support me in all my personal projects. He was my fast friend and always spoke lovingly to me of that all-powerful God in whom he believed. I became conscious of the finality of death when he said his last goodbyes. He had left this world and I felt emptiness in my heart.

Now I realize how little I knew him, until the Word of God became alive in me. The Apostle Paul teaches us that when the Lord returns, the departed will be resuscitated in Him. How anxious I am for that moment of reunion to come; not only to see my father again, but also to be together with Jesus for eternity.

Those who believe in Christ never say adiós. That’s why I’m so anxiously awaiting that final Meeting.

Prayer:  Lord, console us in our pain; fill our hearts with the hope of your resurrection. Amen.   

Translation by John Walter


REUNIÓN FINAL
1 TESALONISENSES 4:13-18

Los que vivamos, los que hayamos quedado
seremos arrebatados juntamente con ellos
1 Tesalonicenses 4: 17

Nunca olvidaré la vigilia de sentarme al lado de la caja fúnebre de mi padre cuando pasó a la eternidad. Hasta hoy, aquel momento sigue ejerciendo un efecto profundo en mí. Él siempre estuvo dispuesto a ayudarme y apoyarme en todos mis proyectos personales. Fue mi gran amigo y siempre me habló con mucha dulzura de ese Dios todopoderoso en el cual él creía. Cuando dio su último adiós, fue cuando tomé conciencia de lo irreversible de la muerte. Se había ido de este mundo y mi corazón tenía un gran vacío.
Hoy reconozco que tardé mucho en comprenderlo, hasta que la Palabra de Dios se hizo viva en mí. El Apóstol Pablo nos enseña que cuando el Señor vuelva, aquellos que hayan ido antes resucitaremos junto a Él. Cuánto ansío que llegue el momento de esa reunión. No solo para encontrarme con mi padre sino para estar también junto a Jesús por siempre.
Los creyentes en Cristo nunca dicen adiós. Es por eso que ¡Estoy aguardando ansiosamente esa Reunión final!


Oración: Señor, consuélanos en nuestro dolor y llénanos el corazón con la esperanza en tu resurrección. Amén. 

No comments:

Post a Comment