Sunday, June 19, 2016

Sunday, June 19 LET THE SPIRIT FLOW II CORINTHIANS 3:17-18

Sunday, June 19
LET THE SPIRIT FLOW
II CORINTHIANS 3:17-18

“Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom”
II Corinthians 3:17
           
Whenever my son has a paper or schoolwork to prepare, I become very nervous because I like to prepare everything well ahead of time, but I must recognize that he is somewhat of a procrastinator. One day, after my usual scolding, I was surprised by his words when he told me, Mamá, let the Spirit flow–up until now I have never brought home a poor grade, but everyone has their own rhythm. The phrase “Let the Spirit flow” froze me in my tracks. I realized then that occasionally I try to control everything–even the action of the Holy Spirit.

Sisters and brothers, my plea is to not leave everything that we have to do until the last moment. God asks us to prepare for every moment of our lives but that our preparation leave space for the Spirit. Let us allow ourselves to be surprised by God’s activity in each of our plans.

Like my son, I understood that to let the Spirit flow has to do with respecting the rhythms of others and trusting that God’s Spirit is freely revealed in every human, without exception.

Prayer: Spirit of God who dances giving life and freedom, allow us to be open to you and to your activity in all of our plans, as well as in the lives of those who are dear to us. Help us to trust in you today and always.  Amen.
               
Translated by John Potter

DEJA QUE EL ESPÍRITU FLUYA
II CORINTIOS 3:17-18

“El Señor es el Espíritu; y donde está
el Espíritu del Señor, allí hay libertad”
II Corintios 3:17

Siempre que mi hijo tiene que preparar alguna tarea o trabajo escolar, me pongo muy tensa, pues a mí me gusta tener todo previsto con mucho tiempo, sin embargo debo reconocer que él es un poco finalista. Un día, luego de mi acostumbrado regaño, me sorprendió su discurso cuando me dijo: mamá, deja que el Espíritu fluya, hasta ahora nunca he traído una mala nota a casa, pero cada uno tiene su ritmo. La frase “deja que el espíritu fluya”, me congeló. Reconocí entonces que en ocasiones intento controlar todo, hasta la acción del Espíritu Santo.
Mis hermanas y hermanos, la invitación que les hago no es a que dejemos para el final todo cuanto tengamos por hacer. Dios nos pide que nos preparemos para cada momento de nuestras vidas, pero que nuestra preparación deje espacio al fluir del Espíritu. Dejémonos sorprender por la acción de Dios en cada uno de nuestros planes.
Con mi hijo comprendí también que dejar que el Espíritu fluya, tiene que ver con respetar  los tiempos de los demás y confiar en que el Espíritu divino se revela con libertad  en cada ser humano, sin distinciones.

Oración: Espíritu de Dios, que danzas regalando vida y libertad, permite que estemos abiertos a ti y a tu acción en cada uno de nuestros planes, así como en la vida de nuestros seres queridos. Ayúdanos a confiar en ti hoy y siempre. Amén.


No comments:

Post a Comment