Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Wednesday, June 29 Anniversary of the IPR San Antonio de los Baños GOD’S SILENCES JOB 23:8-10

Wednesday, June 29
Anniversary of the IPR San Antonio de los Baños

GOD’S SILENCES
JOB 23:8-10

“God said: I will never forget you…”
Isaiah 49:15


A prisoner wrote on the wall of his cell, “I believe in the sun, even when it doesn’t shine. I believe in God, even when he is silent.”

During a dark period of my life, I spent a great deal of time praying, but it seemed God had left me alone with my trials and my burdens. It was the dark night for my soul. So I wrote to my mother to tell her about my problems. I’ll never forget her reply: “Son, at times God withdraws in order to put our faith to the test. He wants us to trust in Him, even in the gloom. Now, reach out your hand in the brume and you will see his hand is there to grab hold of.”
    
Yes, God’s plans may encompass times of waiting that for us seem interminable before seeing him intervene. Like Habakkuk perhaps we’d say, “Lord, how long?” But silence isn’t synonymous with absence, and far less with abandonment. God’s fidelity is unfailing. Have faith in Him, even if we find ourselves in a very dim tunnel, we can know that he is really at our side and that such darkness will not always surround us. Wait in silence for his light.

Prayer:  Lord, don’t let us forget that you also speak when you’re silent. Help us believe in your promise of salvation, even amid silence and desperation. Amen.

Translated by John Walter.


 Aniversario IPR de San Antonio de los Baños

LOS SILENCIOS DE DIOS
JOB 23:8-10

“Dios dijo: Yo nunca me olvidaré de ti…”
Isaías 49:15


Un preso escribió en las paredes de su celda: “Creo en el sol, aun cuando no brilla. Creo en Dios incluso cuando calla.”

Durante un período sombrío de mi vida, pasé mucho tiempo orando, pero me parecía que Dios me dejaba solo con mis pruebas y mi carga. Era la noche oscura para mi alma. Entonces escribí a mi madre para contarle mis problemas. Jamás olvidaré su respuesta: “Hijo, a veces Dios se aparta para poner a prueba nuestra fe. Él quiere que confíes en Él incluso en la oscuridad. Ahora extiende tu mano en la niebla y verás que su mano está ahí para asirte.”

Sí, los planes de Dios pueden comprender tiempos de espera que nos parezcan interminables, antes de verlo intervenir. Quizás digamos como Habacuc: “¿Hasta cuándo, Señor?” Pero el silencio no es sinónimo de ausencia y mucho menos de abandono. La fidelidad de Dios es  indefectible. Tengamos fe en Él. Incluso si nos hallamos en un túnel muy oscuro, sepamos que está realmente a nuestro lado y que no siempre nos rodeará tal oscuridad. Espera en silencio por su luz.


Oración: Señor, no permitas que olvidemos que tú también hablas cuando callas. Ayúdanos a creer en tu promesa de salvación, aún en medio del silencio y la desesperación. Amén.



No comments:

Post a Comment