Thursday, October 27, 2016

Thursday, October 27 WITNESS EPHESIANS 2:8-10

Thursday, October 27
WITNESS
EPHESIANS 2:8-10

For we are what he has made us,
 created in Christ Jesus for good works . . . .
Ephesians 2:10a

            I once read this statement which I will now share with you:

            “At a certain point in my life I felt so disenchanted, so powerless before a difficult situation I was facing, that I could not contain my tears. Lifting my face to the heavens I told God that I didn’t want to go on with these feelings, that I wanted his help. It was then that Jesus came to me with words of consolation. 
            “Then I realized that I am unique; that I can choose, that I can make my own decisions; that I ought to live my own life, not that of others, or the life that others think I should live. In the face of insult or aggression, I am free to choose whether to accept it or to push back against it, keeping myself from harm.
            “I am his daughter, made in his image and likeness, and I am in this world with a mission. Everyone has to discover what his or her mission is and what gifts or talents we have to offer to humanity. Now I am calm knowing who I am and what my path is.”


Prayer: Thank you, Jesus, for teaching me that I am a unique individual. Thank you for giving me the strength to choose for myself.  Amen.

Translation by John Potter



TESTIMONIO
EFESIOS 2:8-10

Porque somos hechura de Dios,
creados en Cristo Jesús para buenas obras...
Efesios 2:10a

En una ocasión leí este testimonio que hoy comparto con ustedes:
“En cierto momento de mi vida me sentí tan desilusionada, tan impotente ante  una situación difícil para mí, que no pude contener las lágrimas. Levanté la vista al cielo y le dije a Dios que ya no quería seguir con estos sentimientos, que quería que me ayudara. Fue entonces que Jesús acudió a  mí con  palabras de consuelo. Entonces me di cuenta de que soy un ser único, que puedo elegir, tomar mis decisiones, y que aunque atraviese por dificultades, debo vivir mi vida, no la de los demás, ni la vida que otros quieren que viva.  Soy libre de elegir si ante una agresión o un insulto la acepto o la rechazo, permitiendo así que no me lastime. Soy su hija, hecha a su imagen y semejanza, que está en este mundo con una misión. Cada cual tiene que descubrir cual es la suya y qué aptitudes o talentos tenemos para ofrecer a la humanidad. Ahora me siento tranquila sabiendo quien soy y cual es mi camino”


Oración: Gracias Jesús, por enseñarme que soy un ser único. Gracias por darme fuerzas para elegir por mí misma. Amén.



No comments:

Post a Comment