Tuesday, February 21, 2017

February 21 THE PEACE THAT SURPASSES ALL UNDERSTANDING ISAIAH 26:1-8

Tuesday, February 21

THE PEACE THAT SURPASSES ALL UNDERSTANDING
ISAIAH 26:1-8

You will keep in perfect peace…
Isaiah 26:3

Once I decided to follow in the footsteps of Jesus, I feel that my life completely changed. Without a doubt, I turned into a person filled with much peace and trust in the God in whom I have believed.  At times, when I have had to encourage a brother or sister who was going through a crisis or illness, I’ve asked myself how I would react in such circumstances. Would I patiently and calmly accept God’s responses? And then the day came when I had to confront a great problem:  my eldest daughter had decided to go to live with her family in the United States.  She called me one day and told me that she might have uterine cancer.  Her distance from me made my situation more serious. I immediately got down on my knees to pray and to intercede for my daughter and a verse came to mind which I am sharing with you today.

After praying, an inner peace filled my soul. I prayed every day and hoped in the Lord without despair. After some time, my daughter told me that the test had been an error, a mistake.  God had sent me a sign, an answer to my requests.  I felt his voice whispering to me:  Your daughter is healthy.

Prayer: Glory to you, Lord, who listens to the clamor of mothers and who fills our hearts with peace at difficult moments. We give you thanks because even when your answer to our prayers may not be the return to good health that we desire, we can feel your faithful hand helping us to move forward.  Amen

Translation by Elisa Menocal

LA PAZ QUE EXCEDE TODO CONOCIMIENTO
ISAIAS 26:1-8

Tu guardarás en completa paz
Isaías 26: 3

Una vez que me decidí a seguir los pasos de Jesús siento que mi vida cambió completamente. Sin dudas, me volví una persona llena de mucha paz y confianza en el Dios en quien he creído.
En ocasiones, cuando he tenido que animar a algún hermano o hermana que atravesaba por una situación de crisis o enfermedad, me he preguntado cómo reaccionaría yo ante tales circunstancias. ¿Aceptaría con paciencia y tranquilidad las respuestas de Dios?
Hasta que llegó el día en el que tuve que enfrentarme a una gran prueba: mi hija mayor que decidió irse a vivir con su familia a los Estados Unidos, me llamó un día y me dijo que posiblemente tuviera un cáncer de útero. La distancia de ella agravaba mi situación. Inmediatamente me puse de rodillas a orar e interceder por mi hija y vino a mi mente el versículo que hoy comparto con ustedes. Después de la oración una paz interior llenó mi alma. Oré cada día y esperé en el Señor sin desesperación. Después de un tiempo, mi hija me comunicó que la prueba había sido un error, una equivocación. Dios me había enviado una señal, una respuesta a mis plegarias, Sentí que su voz me susurraba: tu hija está sana.

Oración: Gloria a ti Señor, que escuches el clamor de las madres y en momentos difíciles llena de paz nuestros corazones. Te damos gracias porque aunque tú respuesta a nuestras oraciones no sea la sanidad que anhelamos, podemos sentir tu mano fiel ayudándonos a caminar. Amén.


No comments:

Post a Comment