Monday, March 27, 2017

Monday, March 27 GOD IS ALWAYS THERE ISAIAH 66:3

Monday, March 27
GOD IS ALWAYS THERE
ISAIAH 66:3

I sought the LORD and he answered me…
Psalm 34:4


My father was always a very special person for me because of all the love and tenderness with which he raised me. 

As he lay dying, I sat close to him, observing how he suffered. In desperation, my mother would read the Bible and would pass her hand through his hair, kissing his forehead and praying. Up until that moment, I had not accepted that God existed; that He was truly a living and omnipotent God.

Something occurred inside of me and I remembered the Our Father from having learned it as a girl and I began to recite it repeatedly.  At once I saw the response of that great God that is ours:  my father was filled with great peace and he passed away peacefully from this world.

I left that hospital room, looked for a place to sit down beneath the starry sky of the dawn.  A gentle breeze enveloped me and a barely perceptible mist touched me. God was right there in sweet tenderness, telling me: “You are not alone.  You cried out to me and I answered you.  I love you.” 

Prayer: Our Father, thank you for your unconditional love for your sons and daughters.  I pray for your mercy to those for have suffered the loss of a loved one.  Amen

 Translation by Elisa Menocal

DIOS SIEMPRE ESTA AHÍ
ISAIAS 66:3

Busqué a Jehová y Él me oyó…
Salmo 34:4


Mi padre fue siempre alguien muy especial para mí por todo el amor y ternura con que me educó. Al partir físicamente yo estaba junto a Él observando como agonizaba. Desesperadamente mi madre le leía la Biblia y le pasaba la mano por sus cabellos, besaba su frente y oraba. Yo hasta ese momento nunca había aceptado que Dios existía, que era realmente un Dios vivo y todopoderoso.
Algo ocurrió dentro de mí que recordé el Padre Nuestro que había aprendido de niña y comencé a repetirlo sin cesar una y otra vez. Al instante vi la respuesta de ese Dios tan grande que tenemos: mi padre fue lleno de mucha paz y partió apaciblemente de este mundo.
Salí de aquella sala de Hospital, busqué un lugar para sentarme bajo el cielo estrellado de la madrugada, una brisa muy suave me envolvía y una llovizna casi imperceptible me tocó. Ahí estaba Dios en una dulce caricia, diciéndome: “No estás sola. Clamaste a mí y te respondí, yo te amo.”


Oración: Padre Nuestro gracias por tu amor incondicional por tus hijos e hijas. Ruego por tu misericordia para aquellos que sufren la pérdida de un ser querido. Amén.



No comments:

Post a Comment