Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Tuesday, April 4 FAITH DOESN’T NEED PROOFS REVELATION 1:1-8

Tuesday, April 4
FAITH DOESN’T NEED PROOFS
REVELATION 1:1-8
See, the home of God is among mortals.
He will dwell with them; they will be his peoples,
and God himself will be with them.

Revelation 21:3

Both Christians and non-Christians sometimes want to have some irrefutable proof of the presence of God. Possibly, motivated by that, many people try to demonstrate God’s existence by means of study and research which involve reason more than faith.

The kind of certainty which satisfies the believer in Christ is the profound inner peace produced by the Holy Spirit. I saw this when a brother in my Church was dying of a serious illness. In the midst of this situation, he said, “Right now I’m suffering a lot. I cannot explain why God wants me to die. I recognize that I have had doubts and have wanted God to show himself to me in some manner or to talk clearly to me. But I have faith in Jesus, and I’m looking forward to that day when faith is transformed into sight.” The immoveable calm that he experienced did more than any other thing to assure him of the reality of his faith.

Yes, God provides certainty, not by means of signs, but by the internal testimony of the Spirit. This is how we can be sure of the truth of what we believe.

Prayer: My good Father, give us the security of your presence; let us feel you even though we cannot see you. Amen.

Translated by John Potter

LA FE NO PRECISA DE PRUEBAS
APOCALIPSIS 1:1-8
He aquí, el tabernáculo de Dios con los hombres,
y Él morará con ellos
Apocalipsis 21:3

Tanto los cristianos como los no cristianos desean en ocasiones tener alguna prueba irrefutable de la presencia de Dios. Es posible que motivados por esto, muchas personas intenten demostrar la existencia de Dios a través de estudios e investigaciones, que involucran más a la razón que a la fe.
El tipo de certidumbre que satisface al creyente en Cristo es la paz profunda interior producida por el Espíritu Santo. Eso lo comprobé cuando estaba muriendo un hermano de mi iglesia de una grave enfermedad. En medio de esa situación cuando dijo: “Ahora mismo estoy sufriendo mucho. No puedo explicar por qué Dios me deja morir. Reconozco que he tenido dudas y he deseado que Dios se me mostrara de alguna manera o me hablara audiblemente. Pero estoy confiando en Jesús, y espero aquel día en que mi fe se transformará en vista”. La calma inconmovible que experimentaba hizo más que ninguna otra cosa para asegurarle la realidad de su fe.
Sí,  Dios provee certidumbre, no mediante señales, sino por el testimonio interno del Espíritu. Así es como podemos estar seguros de lo que creemos en verdad.

Oración: Mi buen Padre, danos la seguridad de tu presencia, que te sintamos, aunque no podamos verte. Amén.


No comments:

Post a Comment