Friday, May 19, 2017

Friday, May 19 TAKE THE TIME TO ENJOY GENESIS 1:31-23

Friday, May 19
TAKE THE TIME TO ENJOY
GENESIS 1:31-23

This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel says,
“In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength…”

Isaiah 30:15

Every Monday morning I expect a list of pending issues. The previous week’s sense of achievement and its tasks completed are gone. A new list of duties awaits me, including some I left undone from the week before.

At times I try to finish various tasks on my list in a single day. I enjoy the sense of accomplishment that comes with eliminating the tasks on my list, but I also feel anxious and weary for trying to do everything very rapidly. I need to remind myself that I don’t need to do everything in just one day.

God could have created the universe in a single day or in a moment. But he didn’t do it that way. Why? Could it be that God wanted to slow down and enjoy each piece of creation as he was creating it? On the seventh day God also decided to rest to enjoy the finished work. God is teaching me to look for a balance between work and rest. He’s also helping me to understand that slowing the pace and enjoying life is as important as scratching off a completed task from my list.

Prayer: Creator God, teach us to enjoy the journey as much as arriving at a final destination. In Jesus’s name. Amen 

Translation by John Walter


TOME TIEMPO PARA DISFRUTAR
GENESIS 1:31-23

El Señor, el Dios Santo de Israel, dice:
Vuelvan, quédense tranquilos y estarán a salvo.
En la tranquilidad y la confianza estará su fuerza

Isaías 30:15

Cada lunes en la mañana me espera una lista de asuntos pendientes. Ya se ha ido el sentido de logro de la semana previa y sus tareas completadas. Una nueva lista de tareas me espera, incluyendo algunas que no hice la semana anterior.

A menudo trato de llevar a cabo varias tareas en mi lista en un solo día. Disfruto el sentido de logro que viene de eliminar las tareas de mi lista. Pero también me siento ansiosa y extenuada por tratar de hacer todo muy rápido. Tengo que recordarme que no tengo que realizar todo en un solo día.
Dios pudo haber creado el universo en un solo día o en un momento. Pero no lo hizo así. ¿Por qué?  ¿Podría ser que Dios quería detenerse y disfrutar cada pieza de la creación  según la estaba creando? Dios también  decidió descansar en el séptimo día para disfrutar de la obra terminada.
Dios me está enseñando a buscar un balance entre el trabajo y el descanso. También me está ayudando a entender que el bajar el ritmo y disfrutar la vida es tan importante como quitar de mi lista una tarea completada. 


Oración: Dios creador, enséñanos a disfrutar la jornada tanto como llegar al destino final. En el nombre de Jesús. Amén. 

No comments:

Post a Comment