Monday, May 1, 2017

Monday, May 1 A DAY FOR GOD EPHESIANS 3:14-21

Monday, May 1
A DAY FOR GOD
EPHESIANS 3:14-21

my heart and my flesh sing for joy to the living God.
Psalm 84:2

When I opened my eyes this morning, feeling the comfort of my bed and the well-being of my rested body, I raised a prayer of praise and gratitude to God. At that moment, I thought of how many things I had. Were they really mine? Rather they are given by a God with the face of a Father and Mother who love their daughter—a daughter who is sometimes meek and grateful but almost always rebellious and selfish.

In that moment, my body at rest, but my spirit humbled before the Lord, God gave me peace. I received then what was necessary to begin a day full of promise and challenge. My friend was with me, invisible but real. He would go wherever I went, would know what I felt.

A marvelous journey lay before me: God was in my heart, and I was prepared to give because I had already received his strength. Yes, prepared to give to those around me from so much that God had given to me. Otherwise I would be selfish and ungrateful.

I give thanks to my God. In his name, I begin the day for his glory, honoring and serving my neighbors.

Prayer: Thank you, Lord, for all your blessings. Fill our hearts and spirits with all your love and strength so that we may share your abundant life with others. Amen.

Translation by John Potter


UN DÍA PARA DIOS
EFESIOS 3:14-21

Mi corazón y mi carne cantan al Dios vivo
Salmo 84:2


Cuando esta mañana abrí mis ojos, al sentir la tibieza de mi cama, y el bienestar de mi cuerpo descansado, elevé una oración de alabanza y gratitud a Dios. En ese instante pensé en cuántas cosas tenía. ¿Eran mías realmente? Más bien regaladas por un Dios que con rostro de Padre y Madre ama a su hija, por momentos dócil y agradecida, pero casi siempre rebelde y egoísta.
En ese instante, acostado mi cuerpo, pero humillado mi espíritu delante el Señor, Dios me dio paz. Recibí entonces lo necesario para comenzar el día lleno de promesas y desafíos. El amigo estaba conmigo, invisible pero real. Iría a donde yo fuera, estaría al tanto de lo que yo sintiera.
Una jornada maravillosa se presentó ante mí: Dios estaba en mi corazón. Y yo lista para dar, porque ya había recibido sus fuerzas.
Sí, lista para dar a los demás de lo mucho que Dios me dado a mí. De otra manera sería egoísta y mal agradecida.
Gracias le doy a mi Dios. En su nombre emprendo el día para su gloria, honrando y sirviendo al prójimo.

Oración: Gracias Señor, por todas tus bendiciones. Llena nuestros corazones y  espíritus con todo tu amor y fortaleza para que podamos compartir de tu vida abundante con otros y otras. Amén.



No comments:

Post a Comment