Friday, June 30, 2017

Friday, June 30 CHANGING ANGER INTO BLISS Romans 8:18-32

Friday, June 30
CHANGING ANGER INTO BLISS
ROMANS 8:18-32

We know that God works all things together for good for the ones who love God, for those who are called according to his purpose. (CEB)

Romans 8:28 

I was nervous while I waited for my doctor in the hospital room. An hour later, they told us that he would be coming in very soon.  After a while, the nurse told us that he would be a little longer.  He arrived after two hours of waiting!

The first hour I was impatient.  I felt annoyed because the wait seemed interminable.  But during the second hour I decided to use the time to pray. 

I asked God to give me patience and to help me overcome my anger.  I gave thanks for the medical personnel of the hospital. I reflected on my past life and what I needed to change or improve.   When the doctor arrived, I was surprised to see that the annoyance and fear had disappeared.  The long wait and these moments of communion with God had made my anxiety disappear.  Now, remembering this incident, I understand that many of the setbacks in life are really opportunities in disguise.

Prayer:  Lord, help me to use my time to learn, grow and glorify your name.  Thank you for the lessons that we discover in our daily lives.  Amen.

Translation by Deborah McEachran


CAMBIANDO EL ENOJO POR DICHA
ROMANOS 8:18-32

Sabemos que Dios dispone todas las cosas para el bien de
quienes le aman, a los cuales él ha llamado
de acuerdo con su propósito.

Romanos 8:28

Estaba nerviosa mientras esperaba en la sala del hospital a mi doctor. Una hora más tarde nos dijeron que llegaría dentro de poco. Al rato la enfermera nos dijo que tardaría un poco más. Llegó después de dos horas de espera.

La primera hora estaba impaciente. Me sentí molesta pues la espera era interminable. Pero la segunda hora se me ocurrió usar ese tiempo para orar.

Le pedí a Dios que me diera paciencia y me ayudara a superar mi enojo. Le di gracias por el personal médico del hospital. Reflexioné sobre mi vida pasada y lo que necesitaba cambiar o mejorar.

Cuando llegó el doctor me sorprendí al ver que la molestia y el temor habían desaparecido. La larga espera y esos momentos de comunión con Dios habían hecho desaparecer mi ansiedad.
Ahora, al recordar ese incidente, comprendo que muchos de los contratiempos de la vida son realmente oportunidades disfrazadas.

Oración: Señor, ayúdame a usar el tiempo para aprender, crecer y glorificar tu nombre. Gracias por las lecciones que descubrimos en las experiencias diarias. Amén.



No comments:

Post a Comment