Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Wednesday, September 13 AN INVALUABLE GIFT Psalm 8

Wednesday, September 13
AN INVALUABLE GIFT
       PSALM  8

When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars, which you have set in place,
what is mankind that you are mindful of them,
human beings do you care for them? (NIV) 
                                                    Psalm 8: 3-4.

I live in a place where each morning I can see the city, the sea, the river, and the bridges, and quite frequently I enjoy the beautiful colors that announce the sunrise. It’s then that my heart is widened and I feel very small, but immediately I give thanks for that gift.

Various thoughts come to mind. As the psalmist says, “Who am I to be worthy of all of this? How great God is!”

Many moments present themselves during the day, perhaps not so spectacular, where the goodness of the Creator is manifested: a child going to school; a grandfather or grandmother taking the hand of their grandchild; a person assisting a blind person in navigating the street; the elderly trash man who goes along always singing a song…

So then, why do I live unsettled, anxious, worried? Have I been able to realize all the good I receive, and to care for it?

Prayer: O God, teach me to see the positive things you give me and to realize that there are more good things than those I believe to be bad. Help me to enjoy and care for what I have. Thank you for your gifts. In Jesus’s name. Amen. 

Translation by John Walter

UN REGALO INAPRECIABLE.
       SALMO  8

Cuando contemplo el cielo, obra de tus dedos, y la luna
y las estrellas que has creado, me pregunto:
¿qué es el ser humano para que él pienses?
¿qué es la humanidad, para que la tomes en cuenta?         

                                                    Salmo 8: 3-4.

Vivo en un lugar donde puedo ver cada mañana, la ciudad, el mar, el río, los puentes y con mucha frecuencia disfruto los hermosos colores que anuncian la salida del sol. Entonces se ensancha mi corazón y me siento muy chiquita, pero inmediatamente doy gracias por ese regalo.

Varios pensamientos vienen a mi mente. Como el salmista, digo: ¿quién soy yo para merecer todo eso? ¡Cuán grande es Dios!

Durante el día se presentan muchos momentos, quizás no tan espectaculares, donde se manifiesta la bondad del Creador: un niño que va a la escuela, un abuelo o abuela que marcha de la mano de su nieto, una persona que ayuda a un ciego a pasar la calle, el anciano recoger de basura que siempre va entonando una canción….

-Entonces, ¿por qué vivo inquieta, ansiosa, preocupada?
-¿He sido capaz de darme cuenta de todo lo bueno que recibo y de cuidarlo?

Oración: Oh Dios, enséñame a ver lo positivo que me das y a darme cuenta de que son más las cosas buenas que las que yo creo malas. Ayúdame a disfrutar y cuidar de lo que tengo. Gracias por tus regalos. Por Jesús. Amén.


No comments:

Post a Comment