Sunday, October 22, 2017

Sunday, October 22 FRIENDS Romans 16:1-2

Sunday, October 22
FRIENDS
ROMANS 16:1-2

I tell you, use worldly wealth to make friends for yourselves so that when it’s gone,
 you will be welcomed into the eternal homes.
Luke 16:9 CEB

The author Ethel Watts said: “God gave us family; but thanks to God, we can choose our friends.” I always believed that the greatest privilege, relief, and comfort of friendship is that it is not necessary to explain anything. The silences between friends create authentic conversations. What is important is not what is said, but what is never necessary to say. A friend listens to the song of my heart and sings it for me when I forget it. 

The simple knowledge of a friendship makes it possible to resist loneliness, illness, and confusion, even though the friend lacks the means to help you. It is enough that the friendship exists. Friendship does not diminish with distance, nor with time, seclusion, war, suffering, or silence. There it has even deeper roots. There it flourishes.

My friends have created the story of my life…in a thousand ways they have removed my limitations with marvelous privileges and enabled me to walk with calmness and happiness among the shadows of life. Friends are not only always there so that good things happen. But whether alone with a camel in the Saharan desert or navigating alone during a storm, their thoughts are with me and they wish the best for me.  

Prayer: Thank you, Father, for my friends. Thank you for Jesus in whom I have my best friend. Amen.
 Translation by Deborah McEachran

AMIGOS
ROMANOS 16:1-2

Y yo os digo: Ganad amigos por medio de las riquezas injustas, para que cuando éstas falten, os reciban
en las moradas eternas.
Lucas 16:9

La autora Ethel Watts dijo: “Dios nos dio parientes; gracias a Dios, podemos elegir a nuestros amigos.” Siempre creí que el privilegio, el alivio y el consuelo más grandes de la amistad consisten en que no es necesario explicar nada. Los silencios entre amigos constituyen auténticas conversaciones.  Lo que importa no es lo que se dice, sino lo que jamás resulta preciso decir. Un amigo escucha la canción de mi corazón y me la canta cuando me falla la memoria.

El simple conocimiento de una amistad torna posible resistir la soledad, la enfermedad y la confusión, aunque el amigo carezca de medios para ayudarte.  Basta con que exista.  La amistad no mengua con la distancia, ni con el tiempo, la reclusión o la guerra, el sufrimiento o el silencio.  Es allí en donde más hondamente arraiga. Es allí donde florece.

Es que mis amigos han hecho la historia de mi vida… De mil maneras mudaron mis limitaciones en privilegios maravillosos y me permitieron caminar serena y feliz entre las sombras. Los amigos no están siempre allí para lograr que sucedan las buenas cosas.  Pero incluso a solas con un camello en el centro del Sáhara, o navegando en solitario durante una borrasca, contigo van sus pensamientos y sus deseos de lo mejor para ti.

Oración: Gracias Padre, por mis amigos. Gracias por Jesús en quien tengo al mejor amigo. Amén.



No comments:

Post a Comment