Sunday, October 8, 2017

Sunday, October 8 Celebration of the Mission Church of Camagüey THE LORD IS OUR COMPASS Psalm 23

Sunday, October 8
Celebration of the Mission Church of Camagüey

THE LORD IS OUR COMPASS
PSALM  23

. . .for your name's sake lead me and guide me, . . .(NRSV)



Psalm 31:3b

Lost one day, I found myself having wandered a great distance, perhaps not everywhere, but enough to know that I had lost my sense of direction and that my broken compass would be of no use helping me to return.
I cried out, “Where am I? Where am I going now?”
A voice replied to me, “You are halfway there, and you’re going where you mean to!”
That voice had a melodious timbre and paused like a person who had lived a lot. I asked, “Who are you?”
With great calm, he replied to me, “I am your God, who has traveled with you and have seen your weariness and your sorrow, whom you have reproached for not having compassion and have been listening to you through all your journey. But since the moment has come. I will help you.”

I asked, “Will you tell me where to go or fix my broken compass?”
He replied: “Neither the one nor the other. Rather you will go where your heart leads, and I will help you; I will be your compass.”

I thank God that I can be at peace even though the storm may be strong and that he will leave his footprints in the sand of my life while he carries me in his arms.


Prayer: Thank you, Lord, for being always at our side, for being our compass, our way, the support of our being. Amen.

Translation by John Potter

Celebración de la ID de Camagüey

EL SEÑOR ES NUESTRA BRÚJULA
SALMO  23

Señor, guíame y protégeme; haz honor a tu nombre.

Salmo 31:3b

Perdido un día me encontré, después de haber recorrido mucho camino, tal vez no todo, pero sí el suficiente para saber que había perdido mi norte y que mi brújula descompuesta no me ayudaría a regresar. Exclamé:
-¿Dónde estoy? ¿A dónde iré ahora?
Una voz me respondió:
-¡Estás a mitad de camino e irás a donde te lo propongas!
Aquella voz sonaba con timbre melodioso y pausado como la de una persona que ha vivido mucho. Pregunté:
-¿Quién eres?
Con tono muy calmado, me respondió:
-Soy Yo, tu Dios que he caminado junto a ti y he visto tu cansancio y tu pena, me has reprochado no haber sido más complaciente y he venido escuchándote durante todo el camino. Pero ya que ha llegado el momento, te ayudaré.

Le pregunté:
-¿Me dirás dónde ir o mi brújula descompuesta arreglarás?
Él me contestó: Ni una cosa ni la otra, sólo irás donde tu corazón te indique y yo te ayudaré, seré tu brújula.

Le doy gracias a Dios porque sé que puedo estar en paz, aunque la tormenta sea muy fuerte y que Él reflejará sus huellas en la arena de mi vida llevándome en sus brazos.


Oración: Gracias Señor, por estar siempre a nuestro lado, por ser nuestra brújula, nuestro camino, el sostén de nuestro ser. Amén

No comments:

Post a Comment