Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Tuesday, December 19 FAITH MOVES MOUNTAINS Hebrews 11

Tuesday, December 19
FAITH MOVES MOUNTAINS
 HEBREWS 11

Faith is the reality of what we hope for,
the proof of what we don’t see.
 Hebrews 11:1 CEB

Two years ago I suffered a fall that affected my leg and hip. I could not walk freely, so for seven months I needed crutches to get around. I experienced intense pain and a great sadness, but my faith never faltered, although sometimes I asked the Lord: “Why do I have this trial that is so hard to bear?” When the doctor said that I should walk without crutches, I was very afraid of falling again. Then my faith and trust in the Lord grew and this helped me to experience healing and the total recuperation that God worked in my body. Today I continue serving Him faithfully, thanks to the strength that He gave me in my moments of anguish and desperation.

In the same way, the persons around the manger showed a great faith and trust in the Lord at crucial times in their lives. We remember Mary’s situation: pregnant, although young and unmarried. And what about the attitude of Joseph: the way that he confronted his society’s norms and decided not to abandon her. Then the birth of the child happened under adverse conditions and death threats of an angry king that put his life in danger. In the end, each of these persons was an instrument in the plan of salvation that God revealed with the birth of his Son. They trusted in the Lord and through all the tests they emerged victorious. 

This is the message that I want to share with you: If we always remain strong in our faith, God will bless us.

Prayer:  Lord, thank you for giving us your blessings and your love when we have faith and trust in your Word. Amen.

Translation by Deborah McEachran

LA FE MUEVE MONTAÑAS
HEBREOS 11

Tener fe es tener la plena seguridad
de recibir lo que se espera....
 Hebreos 11:1

Hace dos años sufrí una caída la cual me afectó la pierna y la cadera. Imposibilitada de caminar libremente, durante siete meses me apoyé en muletas para poder andar. Pasé por intensos dolores y una gran tristeza, pero nunca decayó la fe, aunque a veces le preguntaba al Señor ¿Por qué esta prueba tan difícil de superar?

Cuando el médico dijo que debía caminar sin muletas, sentí mucho temor a caerme de nuevo. Entonces creció mi fe y mi confianza en el Señor y esto me ayudó a experimentar la sanidad y recuperación total que Dios obró en mi cuerpo. Hoy sigo sirviéndole fielmente gracias a la fortaleza que Él me dio en mis momentos de angustia y desesperación.

Asimismo, los personajes de la navidad muestran una gran fe y confianza en el Señor, en momentos cruciales de sus vidas. Recordemos la situación de María, embarazada, aún joven y sin casarse. Y qué decir de la actitud de José, la manera en la que él se enfrenta a su sociedad y decide no abandonarla. Luego el nacimiento del niño transcurre en condiciones adversas y la muerte y la amenaza de un airado rey ponen en peligro su vida. En fin, estas personas fueron instrumentos del plan de salvación que Dios mostró con el nacimiento de su hijo. Ellos tuvieron confianza en el Señor, y de todas estas pruebas salen victoriosos.

Este es el mensaje que quiero compartir con ustedes: Mantengamos siempre firme nuestra fe y Dios nos bendecirá.


Oración: Señor, gracias por darnos tus bendiciones y tu amor cuando tenemos fe y confiamos en tu Palabra. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment