Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Tuesday, February 6 GOD IS FAITHFUL Deuteronomy 7:1-11

Tuesday, February 6
GOD IS FAITHFUL
DEUTERONOMY 7:1-11

Know therefore that the LORD your God is God,
the faithful God who maintains covenant loyalty with those who love him and
keep his commandments, to a thousand generations (NRSV)

Deuteronomy 7:9

God is faithful. He never abandons his people. Nor will he do it now. I affirm: God is faithful.
           
I cling to these words when doubt invades me, when I have just come from talking with my sister who is about to face her chemotherapy sessions. I see her smile during her so very difficult situation, and I feel ashamed for the times that I have felt badly over unimportant things, for the times I am disheartened at the first obstacle, for the times that I let myself be overcome by small problems. God is faithful. I repeat it when I feel his love reach me bringing words of comfort to my heart.

God is faithful, and I want to be faithful to Him. I know that there is something I can do for my sister whom I just visited. I know that there are so many people hoping to be treated with love. I know that I can visit those who are alone. I know I can raise up those who have fallen.

God is faithful. What will it be that you who are reading this meditation can do today? What will be the path that you need to take? What words can you say? What actions can you take? What hugs can you give?
           
I invite you to take a moment of silent prayer with our God, with this faithful God who walks with his people. Let Him speak to your heart and show you what he is expecting from you.

Prayer: Lord, on this beautiful day I ask you to help me to be faithful now and in every moment of my life regardless of the circumstances. Amen.

Translated by John Potter

DIOS ES FIEL
DEUTERONOMIO 7:1-11

Conoce, pues, que Jehová tu Dios es Dios, Dios fiel, que guarda el pacto y la misericordia a los que le aman y guardan
sus mandamientos, hasta mil generaciones.

Deuteronomio 7:9

Dios es fiel. Él nunca abandona a su pueblo. Y tampoco lo va a hacer ahora. Lo afirmo. Dios es fiel.

Me aferro a estas palabras cuando la duda me invade, cuando acabo de conversar con mi hermana que está por encarar sus sesiones de quimioterapia. La veo sonreír en medio de su situación tan difícil, y siento vergüenza por las veces que me he sentido mal por cosas sin importancia, por las veces que me abato ante la primera dificultad, por las veces que me dejo vencer por pequeños problemas. Dios es fiel. Lo repito cuando siento que su amor me alcanza, que trae palabras de consuelo a mi corazón.

Dios es fiel, y yo quiero serle fiel a Él. Sé que hay algo que puedo hacer por mi hermana que acabo de visitar. Sé que hay tantas personas esperando ser tratadas con amor. Sé que puedo visitar a los que estén solos y solas. Sé que puedo levantar a los que están caídos. Dios es fiel. ¿Qué será lo que tú, que estás leyendo esta meditación, puedes hacer hoy? ¿Cuál será el camino que debes transitar? ¿Qué palabras podrás decir? ¿Qué gestos podrás tener? ¿Qué abrazos podrás brindar?

Te invito a tener un momento de oración silenciosa con nuestro Dios, con este Dios fiel que acompaña a su pueblo. Deja que Él hable a tu corazón y te muestre lo que está esperando de ti.


Oración: Señor, en este lindo día te pido me ayudes a serte fiel siempre y en cada momento de mi vida en el que me encuentre, no importa en cuáles circunstancias. Amén.


No comments:

Post a Comment