Monday, March 5, 2018

Monday, March 5 LET’S PRAY FROM THE HEART Isaiah 26:7-21


Monday, March 5
LET’S PRAY FROM THE HEART
ISAIAH 26:7-21

My soul yearns for you in the night, my spirit within me earnestly seeks you.
Isaiah 26:9 (NRSV)
From childhood my parents taught me to pray every night. Then having grown up, I felt that praying every day in the same way became somehow empty and without feeling. Even so, I continued repeating the same prayer that they had taught me. Then I stopped. I couldn’t feel what I was saying, but neither did I try to find alternatives.
Today, I try to get my children to say in their prayers what they feel at that moment, what comes from their hearts. I try to get them to feel what they want to communicate to the Creator. And if some day they feel nothing, then they should also tell that to God. God is not going to be angry at that; quite the opposite, God values sincerity more than deception.
But one thing is certain: when we feel no need to say anything to God for a long time, as happened once with me, we should strive to see what is happening in the depths of our being that makes us feel far from God.
Let’s be sincere:  Do we pray to God from the heart or more like trained parrots?

Prayer: Lord, fill our hearts with the fire needed to pray fervently and that only you can give. Amen.

Translation by John Potter


OREMOS CON EL CORAZÓN
ISAIAS 26:7-21

De todo corazón suspiro por ti en la noche,
desde lo profundo de mi ser te busco…
Isaías 26:9

Desde niño mis padres me enseñaron a orar todas las noches. Ya más crecido, sentía que orar todos los días de la misma manera se convertía en algo vacío y sin sentido. Aun así, seguía repitiendo la misma oración que ellos me habían enseñado. Después la abandoné. No sentía lo que decía en ella, pero tampoco me esforzaba en buscar alternativas.

Hoy procuro que mis hijos digan en sus oraciones a Dios lo que sienten en ese momento, lo que les sale del corazón. Trato de que sientan lo que quieren comunicarle al Creador. Y si un día no sienten nada, que también se lo digan así a Dios. Él no se va a enojar por ello, sino todo lo contrario, valora más la sinceridad que el engaño.

Pero una cosa es cierta: cuando no sentimos necesidad de decirle algo a Dios por un largo tiempo como me pasó a mí en una ocasión, deberíamos esforzarnos por ver qué está pasando en lo profundo de nuestro ser que nos hace sentirnos lejos de Dios.

Seamos personas sinceras. ¿Oramos a Dios con el corazón o más bien como loros adiestrados?

Oración: Señor, pon en nuestros corazones el fuego que se necesita para orar fervientemente y que solo tú eres capaz de dar. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment