Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Tuesday, March 27 TUESDAY OF HOLY WEEK LET US FACE THE OBSTACLES John 18:12-27


Tuesday, March 27
Tuesday of holy week
LET US FACE THE OBSTACLES
JOHN 18:12-27

Again Peter denied it, and at that moment a rooster began to crow.
John 18:27 (NIV)

My family and I live in the country and on many mornings, we are awakened by the rooster crowing to announce a new day. We are used to it, and never pay much attention to it. But after reading this text, I can’t stop thinking about what Peter heard.

In those times, being a Christian meant facing risks and dangers, even sacrificing one’s life in the name of the Kingdom of our Lord Jesus. And to this day, although we have more freedom, many people suffer in various ways in several countries because they call themselves Christians.

Let’s reflect for a moment on whether each of us in our communities and as individuals do not also face obstacles every day because we call ourselves Christians. I invite you to finish this meditation with an anonymous prayer I once read. I hope that you will make it your prayer and reflect on its message for each of us.

Prayer: “Lord, give me today faith to move ahead, greatness of spirit to pardon, patience to understand and to wait, will not to fall, strength to pick myself up when I am down, and love to give. Give me what I need and not what I want, give me eloquence to say what I need to say. Make me an instrument of your will, make me strong to withstand life’s blows. Let me know what you want of me. Give me your peace to share with someone who lacks it. And finally, walk with me and let me know that it is so. Amen.”


 Translation by George Meek  



Martes Santo
ENFRENTEMOS LOS OBSTÁCULOS
JUAN 18:12-27

Pedro lo negó otra vez, y en ese mismo instante cantó el gallo
Juan 18:27

Mi familia y yo vivimos en el campo y en muchos amaneceres nos ha sorprendido el canto del gallo anunciando un nuevo día. Por lo tanto eso es algo a lo que estamos adaptados así que nunca le había puesta más atención que la necesaria. Pero desde que leí este texto, no puedo dejar de pensar en qué habrá sentido Pedro.

En aquellos tiempos, ser cristianos implicaba correr riesgos, peligros, incluso sacrificar la propia vida en nombre del Reino de nuestro Señor Jesús. Y hasta el día de hoy a pesar de que tenemos más libertad, en varios países existen muchas personas que padecen de diversas maneras por llamarse cristianos.

Reflexionemos   por un momento en si cada uno de nosotros en nuestras comunidades y como individuos, no debemos también enfrentar obstáculos que se nos presentan cada día por llamarnos cristianos. Les invito a terminar la meditación junto a esta oración anónima que leí en una oportunidad y espero que puedan hacerla suya y a la vez reflexionar sobre el mensaje que guarda para cada uno de nosotros.

Oración: “Señor, dame  en el día de hoy fe para seguir adelante, grandeza de espíritu para perdonar, paciencia para comprender y esperar, voluntad para no caer, fuerza para levantarme si estoy caído, amor para dar. Dame lo que necesito y no lo que quiero, dame elocuencia para decir lo que debo decir. Haz de mí un instrumento de tu voluntad, hazme fuerte para recibir los golpes que me da la vida. Déjame saber qué es lo que tú quieres de mí. Déjame tu paz para que la comparta  con quien no la tenga. Y por último, anda conmigo y déjame saber que es así. Amén.”





No comments:

Post a Comment