Saturday, May 12, 2018

Saturday, May 12 CALM MY PASSAGE LORD! Luke 12:22-34


Saturday, May 12
CALM MY PASSAGE LORD!  
LUKE 12:22-34

Where your treasure is,
there too will be your heart. (NIV)
Luke 12:34
Calm my passage. Lord!
Slow the beating of my heart, calming my mind.
Reduce my desperate pace with a vision of time’s eternity.
Give me the tranquility of your peace amid the confusions of the day. Withdraw the constant stress with the trust of your love.

Help me to know the necessary and restorative power of sleep.
Teach me the art of taking small rests, to contemplate a flower, to converse with a friend, caress a child, read a poem, hear a favorite hymn.

Calm my passage, Lord!
So that I may perceive amidst all the problems, desires and noises, your loving presence in my heart.

Calm my passage, Lord!
So I may intone the canticle of hope, smile for my neighbor, quiet myself to listen to your voice.

Calm my passage, Lord!
Inspire me to trust in the fulfillment of your promises, seeking your Kingdom in the proclamation of the Gospels

Prayer: That we may, Lord, together with today’s meditation, calm our accelerated pace of life and feel that really you have control of everything that happens to us. May it be that we can value life with the daily treasures that you offer us. Amen.

 Translation by John Walter 
¡CALMA MI PASO, SEÑOR!  
LUCAS 12:22-34
Porque donde está vuestro tesoro
allí estará también vuestro corazón
Lucas 12:34
¡Calma mi paso, Señor!
Desacelera los latidos de mi corazón, calmando mi mente. 
Disminuye mi ritmo desesperado con una visión de la eternidad del tiempo. 
En medio de las confusiones del día, dame la tranquilidad de tu Paz.  Retira el estrés constante con la confianza de tu amor.
Ayúdame a conocer el poder necesario y reparador del sueño. 
Enséñame el arte de tomar pequeños descansos: contemplar una flor, conversar con un amigo, acariciar a un niño, leer un poema, oír un himno preferido.
¡Calma mi paso, Señor!
Para que yo pueda percibir en medio de los problemas, afanes y ruidos tu amada presencia en mi corazón.
¡Calma mi paso, Señor!
Para que yo pueda entonar el cántico de la esperanza,
sonreír para mi prójimo y callarme para escuchar tu voz.
¡Calma mi paso, Señor!
Inspírame a confiar en el cumplimiento de tus promesas,
Buscando tu Reino en la proclamación del Evangelio.


Oración: Que podamos Señor, al igual que la meditación de hoy, calmar nuestro paso acelerado por la vida y sentir que realmente tú tienes el control de todo cuánto nos pasa. Permite que podamos valorar la vida con los tesoros cotidianos que tú nos ofreces. Amén.


No comments:

Post a Comment