Saturday, November 17, 2018

Saturday, November 17 MY FIRST BROTHERS AND SISTERS JOHN 13:12-20


Saturday, November 17
MY FIRST BROTHERS AND SISTERS
JOHN 13:12-20

By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.
John 13:35 NIV

The first Sunday that I attended my church, I sat next to an elderly couple.  The woman smiled at me kindly and made space for me at her side of the pew with much friendliness.

At that moment I knew that I had found my first brothers and sisters in Christ.  This was repeated week after week and was establishing a link of friendship and brotherhood between the couple and me.  She taught me about the liturgy, the order and the form of government of the church.  Everything was new for me, so I will always be grateful.

It has been more than a year since the couple stopped coming to worship due to serious health problems, and I have been changed by the grace of God to be a sort of spiritual bridge between them and the activities of the church, making sure that they are updated, visiting them, sharing with them and keeping them in constant prayer for their health.

I am grateful to God for the opportunity to serve Him and to work in his service, visiting, praying and serving my neighbor with all my love and Christian faith. I give thanks because there is always something that we can do for the good of the others.

Prayer:  My God and my Lord, thank you for giving me the opportunity to give my love and help to those who need me, in the same way that they did for me on another occasion. 
Amen.

Translation by Deborah McEachran


MIS PRIMEROS HERMANOS
JUAN 13:12-20

En esto conocerán todos que sois mis discípulos,
si tuviereis amor los unos con los otros.
Juan 13:35

El primer domingo que asistí a mi Iglesia, me senté junto a un matrimonio de la tercera edad, ella me sonrió con simpatía y me hizo espacio a su lado en el banco con mucha amabilidad.

En ese momento yo supe que había encontrado a mis primeros hermanos en Cristo. Así se repitió semana tras semana y fue estableciéndose un vínculo de amistad y hermandad entre ellos y yo. Ella me enseñó a conocer acerca de la liturgia, el orden y la forma de gobierno de la Iglesia. Todo era nuevo para mí, por lo cual siempre estaré agradecida.

Hace más de un año que ellos dejaron de asistir al Templo por problemas serios de salud y yo me he convertido por la gracia de Dios en una especie de puente espiritual entre ellos y las actividades que se realizan en la Iglesia, procurando que estén actualizados, visitándolos, compartiendo con ellos y manteniéndoles además en oración constante por su salud.

Agradezco a Dios la oportunidad de servirle y de trabajar en su Obra, visitando, orando y sirviendo con todo mi amor y fe cristiana al prójimo.  Le doy gracias porque siempre hay algo que podemos hacer por el bien de los demás.

Oración: Dios y Señor mío, gracias por darme la oportunidad de dar mi amor y ayuda a quienes me necesitan, tal y como en una ocasión lo hicieron conmigo. Amén.



No comments:

Post a Comment