Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Wednesday, December 5 Celebration of the Mission of Guásimas (Varadero) I AM MY BROTHER’S KEEPER JOHN 21:15-22


Wednesday, December 5
Celebration of the Mission of Guásimas (Varadero)

I AM MY BROTHER’S KEEPER
JOHN 21:15-22

Jesus said to him, If it is my will that he remain until I come, what is that to you?
Follow me!
John 21:22 (NRSV)
One evening at the Evangelical Theological Seminary in the City of Matanzas, we were exchanging impressions about the reasons that had driven us to dedicate ourselves to Christian ministry. One of the students related his experience in the following way: “I was carefree. I didn’t know anything, and I gave myself to an unbridled life. One day after a game of football, the captain of my team invited me to a meeting. It was a program of a society of Christian youth. I was greatly surprised to meet young people my age dedicated to work with all enthusiasm in the Church, taking joy in singing and praying together. The congregation received me lovingly and made me feel like one of the flock. Since then I have not only become a disciple of Christ, but also a preacher of his Holy Word.”

In today’s text, according to his questioning, the restless Peter was concerned about the discipleship of John. The Master’s reply was not long in coming. Following Jesus implies that we are concerned not only with our own salvation but with that of others, whether on the sports field or in Church, proclaiming the good news to others. Jesus wants us to bring him our friend, and even our enemy without question.

Let’s ask ourselves: What do I do in the Lord’s name?
 
Prayer: Bestow your spirit of evangelism on us, Lord, that there may be many who become part of your fold. Help is to love others as you love us. Amen.

Translation by John Potter


Celebración de la ID de Guásimas (Varadero)

SOY GUARDA DE MI HERMANO
JUAN 21:15-22

Jesús le contestó: Si quiero que él permanezca hasta que yo vuelva, qué te importa a ti? Tú sígueme.
Juan 21:22

Una noche en el Seminario Evangélico de Teología de la Ciudad de Matanzas, estuvimos cambiando impresiones acerca de las razones que nos impulsaron a dedicarnos al ministerio cristiano. Uno de los estudiantes relató su experiencia en la forma siguiente: Vivía despreocupado. Nada sabía y me entregué al desenfreno. Un día después de un juego de football, el capitán de mi equipo me invitó a una reunión. Se trataba de un programa de una sociedad de jóvenes cristianos. Me sorprendí mucho al encontrar allí jóvenes de mi edad, dedicados a trabajar con todo entusiasmo en la Iglesia, gozándose en cantar y orar juntos. La congregación me recibió con cariño y me hizo sentirme como uno de la grey. Desde entonces no sólo he llegado a ser discípulo de Cristo, sino también predicador de su Santa Palabra.

En el texto de hoy el inquieto Pedro estaba preocupado por el discipulado de Juan, pero desde el cuestionamiento. La respuesta del Maestro no se hace esperar. Seguir a Jesús implica que nos preocupemos no sólo por nuestra propia salvación, sino por la salvación de los demás. Ya sea en el campo deportivo o en la Iglesia, anunciando a los demás las buenas nuevas. Dios quiere que traigamos a Él al amigo y aun, si se quiere, al enemigo, sin cuestionamientos. Preguntémonos: ¿Qué hago a nombre de mi Señor?
 
Oración: Dótanos Señor, con el espíritu del evangelismo para que haya muchos que lleguen a formar parte de tu redil. Ayúdanos a amar a los demás como tú nos amas. Amén.


No comments:

Post a Comment