Monday, February 18, 2019

Monday, February 18 OPEN DOOR REVELATION 3:7-11


Monday, February 18
OPEN DOOR
REVELATION 3:7-11

Look!  I have set before you an open door…
Revelation 3:8 (CEB)

What does an open door mean to you?  What possibilities does it offer?

For me an open door is a metaphor of Christ that motivates me to reflect on all the opportunities that God offers me.  Which ones?  Many.  Christ is the open door that allows light in the midst of my darkness.  Christ is the open door that motivates me to leave my duress and my fears.  Christ is the open door that allows in the soft breeze of the living God when I feel like I am suffocating.  But the open door that is Christ invites us above all to enter without vacillation to his presence, with decision and firmness and, going deeper, we will find love, peace, services, sacrifices, hope, giving and the joy of enjoying a life filled with feelings and understanding to be in communion with God.  The Lord tells us:  no one comes to the Father but through me.  Let’s go to the Son and the Father will receive us with love.

In the Scriptures we have a great promise that we should always keep before us:  seek first the Kingdom of God and his righteousness and all the rest will be given to you as well.  Come through the open door.  He invites us, you and me.

Prayer: Lord, help me to invite others through the open door that is you.  Amen. 

Translation by Deborah McEachran

PUERTA ABIERTA
APOCALIPSIS 3:7-11

he aquí, he puesto delante de ti una puerta abierta…
Apocalipsis 3:8

¿Qué significa para usted una puerta abierta? ¿Qué posibilidades le ofrece?

Para mí la puerta abierta es una metáfora de Cristo que me anima a reflexionar en todas las oportunidades que Dios me ofrece. ¿Cuáles?  Muchas. Cristo es la puerta abierta que deja entrar la luz en medio de mis oscuridades. Cristo es la puerta abierta que me anima a salir de mis encierros y mis temores. Cristo es la puerta abierta que deja entrar la brisa suave del Dios vivo cuando siento que estoy asfixiada. Pero la puerta abierta que es Cristo nos invita sobre todo a entrar sin vacilación a su presencia, con decisión y firmeza y al penetrar encontraremos amor, paz, servicios, sacrificios, esperanza, entregas y la alegría de disfrutar de una vida cargada de sentidos y significados al estar en comunión con Dios. El Señor nos dice: nadie  viene al Padre sino por mí.  Acudamos al Hijo y el Padre nos recibirá amorosamente.

En las Escrituras tenemos una gran promesa que debemos tener siempre presente: buscad primeramente el Reino de Dios y su justicia y todas las demás cosas serán dadas por añadidura.
Entre por esa puerta abierta. Él nos invita a ti y a mí.

Oración: Señor ayúdame a conducir a otros por esa puerta abierta que eres tú. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment