Sunday, March 31, 2019

Lenten Prayer


Lenten Prayer

Jesus, one year more you invite me to travel the road to Easter. I’m afraid that perhaps you find me with the same doubts and concerns I had last year.
Jesus, pardon me, because often I intend to pray and always find a thousand excuses. However, You’re always there, at my side; you come to meet me when I am sunk very low and I want to recover the willingness to be next to You.
Jesus, when you walk tired and exhausted toward Golgotha, you make me see that life is wonderful, because like you, when one gives of himself or herself to make others happy—the marginal ones that nobody wants, the ill—one realizes that alongside you, life has new meaning. Therefore, Jesus, help me:
-to keep your word in my backpack;
-to know you better;
-to fast without making noise;
-to have my charity bloom with simplicity;
-to have my prayer be a ray of sun between the clouds, and above all, that I never stop seeking you.
Jesus, help me too, during this time of Lent, to be an oasis of meditation and peace...
Jesus, I know that you want me to look into your eyes to discover the joy in following you.
For all this, Jesus, help me…

 By Rafa González OP
Article originally published by encuentra.com


Translation by George Meek


Oración de Cuaresma

Jesús. Un año más me invitas a recorrer el camino hacia la Pascua. Soy consciente de que, tal vez, me encuentres con las mismas dudas e inquietudes que el año pasado.
Jesús, perdóname, porque muchas veces pretendo orar y siempre encuentro mil excusas. Sin embargo, Tú siempre estás ahí, a mi lado;
sales a mi encuentro cuando estoy decaído y por eso quiero recuperar las ganas de estar junto a Ti.
Jesús. Cuando caminas cansado y agotado hacia el Gólgota, me haces ver que la vida es maravillosa, porque igual que Tú, cuando uno se ofrece para llevar la felicidad a los demás, a los despreciados, a los que nadie quiere, a los enfermos; se da cuenta de que a tu lado la vida tiene otro sentido. Por eso, Jesús, ayúdame:
-para que tu palabra no sobre en mi mochila;
-para que pueda conocerte mejor;
-para que si hago ayuno lo haga sin ruido;
-para que mi caridad florezca con sencillez;
-que mi oración brote como un rayo de sol entre las nubes, y sobre todo, que nunca deje de buscarte.
Jesús. Ayúdame también, para que este tiempo de Cuaresma, sea un oasis de meditación y de paz...
Jesús. Ya sé que quieres que te mire a los ojos y así pueda descubrir que merece la alegría seguirte.
Por todo eso, Jesús, ayúdame…

 Por Rafa González OP
Artículo originalmente publicado por encuentra.com


No comments:

Post a Comment