Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Tuesday, March 26 STARS IN YOUR NIGHT 2 CORINTHIANS 12:1-13


Tuesday, March 26

STARS IN YOUR NIGHT
2 CORINTHIANS 12:1-13

…as numerous as the stars in the sky…
Genesis 22:17 (NIV)

“My night has stars, too” wrote the Christian poet, not denying that his night was draped in shadows, but speckled with higher lights.
I like to visit our Presbyterian camp in Villa Clara. I like to get up at midnight, and look overhead to the sky where thousands of stars are shining. I know the names of many of them; they remind me of the ancient Greeks, in their remote islands, thousands of years before Jesus, who were also wonderfully impressed by this brilliant carpet that is the night sky. I recall also the ancient Hebrews and Egyptians, who knew how to look upward and I think to myself: “My night has stars, too.”
Yes, brother or sister, no matter how dark and hostile may be the night of your life, raise your eyes to the Lord. You will see that no matter how dense or deep your darkness, there are brilliant eyes in the heavens that are not indifferent to your struggles and deep internal suffering.
Fill yourself with the peace of the starry firmament. The shadows are not alone. The shadows are surrounded by light. If you know how to look, you will certainly say with me: “My night has stars, too.”

Prayer: Teach me, o God of hope, to know how to look deeply through the surrounding gloom. Help me to look at your grace and love amidst my trials. Amen.

Translation by George Meek


ESTRELLAS EN TU NOCHE
2 CORINTIOS 12:1-13

Como las estrellas del cielo
Génesis 22:17

“También mi noche tiene estrellas” escribió el poeta cristiano, no negando que su noche estaba arropada de sombras, pero moteada de luces superiores.

Me gusta visitar nuestro campamento presbiteriano en Villa Clara. Me agrada levantarme a medianoche, y lanzar mi vista hacia arriba, hacia el cielo en que brillan miles de estrellas. Conozco el nombre de muchas de ellas; me recuerdan los antiguos griegos, que en sus remotas islas, miles de años antes de Jesús, fueron también maravillosamente impresionados por esta alfombra luminosa que es el cielo de noche. Recuerdo también a los antiguos hebreos y egipcios, que también supieron mirar hacia arriba y pienso: “también mi noche tiene estrellas.”

Sí, hermano o hermana, por oscura y adversa que sea la noche de tu vida, levanta  tu mirada al Señor. Verás que, aunque espesas y profundas sean tus tinieblas, hay ojos esplendentes en lo alto, que no están ajenos a tus luchas, a tu honda agonía interior.

Llénate de la angustia serenidad del firmamento estrellado. Las sombras no están solas. Las sombras están circundadas de luz. De cierto, si sabes mirar, dirás conmigo: “También mi noche tiene estrellas”

Oración: Enséñame, oh Dios de esperanza, a saber mirar hondamente a través de las tinieblas circundantes. Ayúdame a mirar tu providencia y tu amor en medio de mis pruebas. Amén.




No comments:

Post a Comment