Friday, April 5, 2019

Friday, April 5 LORD, MAY I NEVER LEAVE YOU! MARK 10:35-45


Friday, April 5

LORD, MAY I NEVER LEAVE YOU!
MARK 10:35-45
But it is not so among you;
but whoever wishes to become great among you must be your servant,
Mark 10:43 (NRSV)
I greatly admire Moses’ decision when he left Egypt without fear of the King’s rage. He left Egypt’s culture, its riches, and all that charmed him. And what catches my attention even more is that he could do all this while still in Egypt. Because of the Lord, I have abandoned many things that were not worth it. Happily, I have left things that no longer had meaning for me. It’s really easy for me to give up things that hold no charm for me. But for the Lord’s sake, Moses left Egypt when all around him were the things which attracted him and charmed him.
I admit, it is difficult to decide, to leave what we call “our comfort zone,” being surrounded by wealth, popularity, influence, and power. To look to God in such moments is to have true faith. Deciding for God in such times is to reject “the riches” which this world offers, just as Jesus scorned Satan’s offer of all the kingdoms of the earth.
Let our prayer be this: Lord, I want to be a ‘leaver,’ spontaneously, not out of obligation. Lot was forced to leave the riches of Sodom, but Moses spurned Egypt joyfully. I know that you will take charge of separating me from all which ensnares me, but first you ask me to decide. You want me to love you and trust you enough to do this of my own will.


Prayer: Father, I ask for the strength to always be at your side when confronted by the temptations of this world. Amen.

Translated by John Potter



SEÑOR ¡QUÉ NUNCA TE ABANDONE!

MARCOS 10:35-45
Pero no es así entre vosotros. Más bien, cualquiera que anhele hacerse grande entre vosotros, será vuestro servidor
Marcos 10:43

Admiro mucho la decisión de Moisés quien ...abandonó Egipto, sin temer la ira del rey. Abandonó la cultura de Egipto, sus riquezas y todo su encanto. Y lo que más me llama la atención es que pudo hacer todo eso estando todavía en Egipto. Yo he dejado por causa del Señor muchas cosas que no valían la pena. Con gusto dejé cosas que ya no tenían ningún significado para mí. Es muy fácil sacrificar lo que ya no nos apetece. Pero Moisés dejó a Egipto por causa del Señor cuando todavía se encontraba rodeado por todo su atractivo y encanto. Confieso que es difícil decidir, salir de lo que llamamos “la zona de confort,” estando rodeado por la riqueza, la popularidad, la influencia y el poder. Ver a Dios en momentos así, es tener verdadera fe. Decidir a favor de Dios en momentos así, es rechazar “las riquezas” que ofrece este mundo; así como lo hizo Jesucristo cuando despreció la oferta que le hizo Satanás de todos los reinos de la tierra.

Que nuestra oración sea ésta: Señor, yo quisiera ser un “abandonador” espontáneo, y no por obligación. Lot tuvo que dejar por fuerza las riquezas de Sodoma; en cambio, Moisés despreció gozosamente a Egipto. Yo sé que tú te encargarás de separarme de todo lo que me atrapa, pero primero me invitas a tomar la decisión. Quieres que te ame y confíe en ti lo suficiente para hacerlo por mi propia voluntad.

Oración: Padre, te pedimos valor para siempre estar a tu lado ante las tentaciones de este mundo. Amén.



No comments:

Post a Comment