Friday, May 31, 2019

Friday, May 31 I’M HERE FOR YOU PSALM 139


Friday, May 31
I’M HERE FOR YOU
PSALM 139
Even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.
Psalm 139:10 (NIV)

Psalm 139 is known as the Psalm of God’s omnipresence and omniscience. Its theme: there is no corner of the universe where I can hide from God, and there is no act within me or outside me that is not known to him. How beautifully the Psalmist expresses this assurance! Is this not also your assurance and my assurance? Yes. And we rejoice that it is so, because God’s constant presence is your blessing and my blessing. It’s as if God is telling me at every step: I’m here for you.
There is a very expressive phase in verse 10: even there. It has the same intensity as the phrase: For God so loved the world in John 3:16. In whatever situation I may find myself today, Oh God, can it seem strange to you? Even there your hand will guide me.  Danger, anxiety, fear, or pain? Even there…   And if there are problems, doubts, or temptations…or sin? Yes, even there… your right hand will hold me fast.

The one who hears a sparrow fall will be where I suffer today and tomorrow, or when I stumble and fall, to lift me up lovingly.
If that be so, o God, I will not fear your presence. I will only feel the presence of sin in my heart. Therefore, examine me and know my heart, and guide me if there is any evil in my way.

Prayer: I praise you God, for your constant presence with me and with your people. I confess my sin and beg you that I may live today in obedience to you. Amen.

Translation by George Meek

ESTOY AQUÍ PARA TI
SALMO 139
Aun allí me guiará tu mano, y me asirá tu diestra
Salmo 139:10

El Salmo 139 es llamado Salmo de la omnipresencia y omnisciencia de Dios. Su tema es este: no hay rincón  del universo donde pueda esconderme de Él, no hay hecho fuera o dentro de mí que no le sea conocido. ¡Con cuánta hermosura el salmista expresa esta seguridad! ¿No es ésta también tu seguridad y mi seguridad? Sí. Y nos gozamos en que sea así, porque su continua presencia es tu bien y es mi bien. Es como si Dios me dijera a cada paso: Estoy aquí para ti.

Es muy expresiva la frase: aun allí del verso 10. Tiene la misma intensidad de la frase: de tal manera de Juan 3:16. ¿En qué lugar o situación, Dios mío, la que te  parezca más extraña a ti puedo estar hoy? Aun allí me guiará tu mano ¿Peligro, ansiedad, temor o dolor? Aun allí…   ¿Y si fueren problemas, dudas o tentaciones… o pecado? Sí, aun allí… me asirá tu diestra.

Quien está presente aun cuando cae un pajarillo, estará también hoy y mañana donde yo sufra, o vacile, o caiga, para sostenerme o levantarme amorosamente.
Si es así, oh Dios, no temeré tu presencia. Sólo temeré la presencia del pecado en mi corazón. Por eso, examíname … y conoce mi corazón… y ve si hay en mi camino perversidad...y guíame.

Oración: Te alabo Dios, por tu continua presencia conmigo y con tu pueblo. Te confieso mi pecado y te ruego que pueda vivir hoy en obediencia delante de ti. Amén.





No comments:

Post a Comment