Sunday, May 12, 2019

Sunday, May 12 Mother’s Day HAPPINESS, MAMÁ PROVERBS 1:8-9


Sunday, May 12
Mother’s Day

HAPPINESS, MAMÁ
PROVERBS 1:8-9

Honor your father and your mother,
so that you may live long
 in the land the Lord your God is giving you.  (NIV)

Exodus 20:12

The story goes that it was a little angel in heaven’s turn to be born as a child. Worried, he went to God saying, “They tell me that tomorrow you’re going to send me to earth, but how am I going to live, as small and defenseless as I am?”

God replied, “I chose an angel from among many who is waiting for you and will care for you.” “But,” continued the little angel, “here in heaven I do nothing more than sing and smile. That’s enough to be happy.”  God responded. “Your angel will sing to you and smile at you every day, and you will feel her love and be happy.” The little angel refuted, “And how am I to understand what the people are saying to me if I don’t know the strange language the humans speak?” God answered, “Your angel will give you the sweetest and tenderest words you could ever hear; and with great patience and affection she will teach you to speak.” But the little angel persisted in asking, “And what will I do when I want to speak with you? Besides, I’ve heard that there are very bad people on earth. Who will defend me?” Finally, God responded, “Your angel will take your little hands and will teach you to pray and you will be able to speak to me. Your angel will defend you at the cost of her own life; your angel will always speak of me and will teach you the way so you will be able to return to my presence, although I will always be at your side.”

At that instant a great peace reigned in heaven; but terrestrial voices could already be heard, and the hurried little angel repeated with tears in his little eyes, “My God, if I’m about to go, please tell me her name; what’s the angel’s name?” “The angel’s name doesn’t matter. You will always say MAMÁ to her.”    

Prayer:  Thank you Lord for our mothers. Bless them. Amen.

Translation by John Walter


Día de las Madres

FELICIDADES MAMÁ
PROVERBIOS 1:8-9

Honra a tu padre y a tu madre, para que vivas
una larga vida en la tierra que te da el Señor tu Dios.
Éxodo 20:12

Cuenta una historia, que a un angelito que estaba en el cielo, le tocó su turno de nacer como niño. Preocupado, se dirige a Dios, diciéndole: - Me dicen que me vas a enviar mañana a la tierra, pero ¿Cómo voy a vivir? ¿Tan pequeño e indefenso como soy?  Dios le contesta: - Entre muchos ángeles, escogí uno para ti, que te está esperando y que te cuidará.

Pero dime, aquí en el cielo no hago más que cantar y sonreír. Eso basta para ser feliz– Le dijo el ángel. - Tu ángel te cantará, te sonreirá todos los días y tú sentirás su amor y serás feliz– respondió Dios.

 El ángel refutó: - Y, ¿cómo entender lo que la gente me hable, si no conozco el extraño idioma que hablan los seres humanos?Dios le dijo: -Tu ángel te dirá las palabras más dulces y más tiernas que puedas escuchar, y con mucha paciencia y con cariño te enseñará a hablar.

- ¿Y qué haré cuando quiera hablar contigo? Además, he oído que en la tierra hay personas muy malas, ¿Quién me defenderá? - continuó preguntando el ángel.

Finalmente, Dios respondió: -Tu ángel te juntará las manitas y te ensañará a orar y podrás hablarme. Tu ángel te defenderá, a costa de su propia vida. Tu ángel te hablará siempre de mí, y te enseñará el camino para que regreses a mi presencia, aunque yo siempre estaré a tu lado.

En este instante, una gran paz reinaba en el cielo. Pero ya se oían voces terrestres, y el angelito presuroso, repetía con lágrimas en sus ojitos, sollozando: Dios mío, si ya me voy, por favor dime su nombre. ¿Como se llama mi ángel?
-Su nombre no importa. Tú siempre le dirás… MAMÁ

Oración: Gracias Señor, por nuestras madres. Bendícelas. Amén.


No comments:

Post a Comment