Sunday, June 2, 2019

Sunday, June 2 Anniversary of the Presbyterian-Reformed Church in Placetas A FAITHFUL REPLY PSALM 120


Sunday, June 2
Anniversary of the Presbyterian-Reformed Church in Placetas

A FAITHFUL REPLY
PSALM 120

In my distress I cried unto the LORD, and he heard me.
Psalm 120:1 (NRSV)
            As I began to write these meditations, I remembered the following experience on receiving a letter.
            During days of worry about various problems such as the lack of work as well as other necessities, I received a letter with a prayer which frequently forms part of my meditations. It spoke of faith in God’s will in our lives. Then I began to pray intensely every day, putting into each prayer the faith that dwelt in my heart.
            I wrote a letter to a former teacher of whom I was very fond, and to my surprise received a response with an invitation and a scholarship grant to study in the United States, which allowed me, on my return to Cuba, to do the work for which I yearned and needed to support myself. In all this, God’s hand was manifest, working in my life through prayer with faith, teaching me that everything is possible for the one who believes. I believe that this experience is worthwhile, because without faith it is impossible to please God.

Prayer: Lord, teach us to pray, and let our prayer be a true encounter with you. We pray in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Translation by John Potter


Aniversario IPR de Placetas

UNA RESPUESTA DE FE
SALMO 120

A Jehová clamé estando en angustia, y él me respondió
Salmo 120:1

Al comenzar a escribir estas meditaciones recordé la experiencia que a continuación relato, recibida en una carta.
En días de preocupaciones por varios problemas entre ellos por la falta de trabajo, así como otras necesidades, recibí una carta donde se me enviaba una oración que forma parte de mis meditaciones en muchos momentos.
La misma hablaba de la fe en la voluntad de Dios en nuestras vidas. Seguidamente comencé a orar intensamente todos los días, poniendo en cada oración la fe que anidaba en mi corazón. Hice una carta felicitando a un antiguo maestro al cual quiero mucho y para mi sorpresa, la respuesta fue una invitación con el otorgamiento de una beca para cursar estudios en los Estados Unidos, los cuales me sirvieron, al regresar nuevamente a Cuba, para trabajar, cosa que añoraba y necesitaba para mi sustento. En todo esto se hizo manifiesta la mano de Dios obrando en mi vida a través de la oración con fe, enseñándome que al que cree todo le es posible. Creo que vale la pena esta experiencia, pues sin fe es imposible agradar a Dios.

Oración: Señor, enséñanos a orar y permite que nuestra oración sea un verdadero encuentro contigo. Por Jesús te lo pedimos, amén.


No comments:

Post a Comment