Monday, July 29, 2019

Monday, July 29 I WANT TO TALK WITH YOU MATTHEW 5:1-12



Blessed are those who mourn, 
for they will be comforted.
Matthew 5:4 (NIV)

A man came up to me and said: “I killed my brother. And in prison I had to kill another person. I don’t believe in anything. And I’m angry with what you call God, because I’m a reprobate and I think it’s his fault. Today I came to kill someone else, but I decided to come in when I heard you talking to these young people, apparently giving them classes. I just want you to listen to me, and perhaps give me a plate of food so I can go back to my house, to see if my mother and my wife will forgive me, so I can meet my daughter and not kill my uncle.”

If I told you I was not afraid, I would be lying. It was a terrible encounter, but I recovered. I gave him a seat, I asked for a little time, I found food, clothing, and a little money; and I asked him to stay in church because it was Fathers’ Day.

He sat down in a pew and when we asked the fathers to stand to receive a gift from the children of the church, he didn’t stand. So I went up to him and invited him to stand. The children brought him a gift and kissed him. He wept bitterly. I have never seen him again.

We never should exclude those whom we’re afraid to listen to but have need of a loving word.

Prayer: Lord, don’t close the doors of my heart to those who “seem” to be bad people. Help me to discover you in each of them. Amen.


Translation by George Meek


QUIERO HABLAR CON USTED
MATEO 5:1-12

Bienaventurados los que lloran, 
porque ellos recibirán consolación
Mateo 5:4

Se acercó a mí y me dijo: “Yo maté a mi hermano. Y en la cárcel tuve que matar a otro. No creo en nada. Y estoy bravo con ese que usted llama Dios, porque soy un guiñapo humano y creo que es por su culpa. Hoy venía a matar a otro, pero me dio el deseo de entrar cuando lo escuché hablando con estos jóvenes que parece que usted les da clases. Solo quiero que me oiga. Y que si puede me dé un plato de comida para poder regresar a mi casa, a ver si mi madre y mi esposa me perdonan, al fin conocer a mi hija y no matar a mi tío.”

Si les dijera que no tuve miedo, les digo mentira. Fue terrible el encuentro, pero pude reponerme. Le di un asiento, le pedí unos minutos, busqué comida, ropa y algo de dinero; y le pedí que se quedara en la Iglesia pues era el Día de los Padres.

Se sentó en un banco y cuando pedimos que se pusieran de pie los padres para recibir un regalo de los niños de la Iglesia, él no se paró. Entonces fui hasta donde él estaba y le invité a pararse. Los niños le trajeron un regalo y le dieron un beso. Lloró amargamente. Nunca más lo he vuelto a ver.

Nunca debemos excluir a aquellos que, aunque sintamos miedo de escucharle, tienen necesidad de una palabra de amor.

Oración: Señor, no cierres las puertas de mi corazón para aquellos que “aparentan” ser malas personas. Ayúdame a descubrirte en cada uno de ellos. Amén.


No comments:

Post a Comment