Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Wednesday, July 10 John Calvin’s birthday anniversary THE POWER OF GOD PSALM 37


Wednesday, July 10
John Calvin’s birthday anniversary

THE POWER OF GOD
PSALM  37

Commit your way to the Lord;
trust in him and he will do this… (NIV)
Psalm 37:5

I was passing through a series of problems and setbacks that seemed impossible to overcome. I’ve known the Gospel since I’ve had the use of reason, but I undoubtedly needed more strength than I customarily had to find the solution to my problems.   

I began to pray persistently; I followed a more firm and constant reading of the Bible. I put all my worries in the Creator’s hands, I prayed with fervor and faith.

Then, I began to feel that my burden was lightening, and that which seemed insolvable no longer was agonizing. I once again understood that only God frees us, that only God gives the strength to continue the journey. I discovered that, although the circumstances don’t change, the best way to feel at peace amidst life’s battles is strengthening my relationship with God. Let us walk securely in his footsteps and we will recognize that he leads us by the hand in each difficult situation; and, together with us, laughs in each of our victories.   

Prayer:  Oh God, thank you because we can trust in you and with Jesus saying: In you I trust. Lord, help us to recognize the value of prayer, the importance of that genuine encounter with you and your Word of Life. Amen.   

Translation by John Walter




Aniversario del Nacimiento de Juan Calvino

EL PODER DE DIOS
SALMO 37

Pon tu vida en manos del Señor;
confía en él y él vendrá en tu ayuda
Salmo 37:5

Estaba pasando por una serie de problemas y contrariedades que parecían imposibles de superar. Conozco el Evangelio desde que tengo uso de razón, pero indudablemente necesitaba más fortaleza que la de costumbre para encontrar la solución a mis problemas.

Comencé a orar con persistencia, seguí una lectura más firme y constante de la Biblia. Puse en las manos del Creador todas mis preocupaciones. Oré con fervor y fe.

Entonces, empecé a sentir que mi carga se aligeraba y lo que parecía sin solución, dejó de ser angustiante. Entendí una vez más que sólo Dios nos libera, que sólo Dios da la fortaleza para continuar la jornada.
He descubierto que, aunque las circunstancias no cambien, la mejor manera de sentirme en paz en medio de las luchas de la vida es fortaleciendo mi relación con Dios. Caminemos seguros tras sus pasos, y reconozcamos que él nos lleva de la mano en cada situación difícil, y ríe junto a nosotros en cada una de nuestras victorias.

Oración: Oh Dios, gracias porque podemos confiar en ti y con Jesús decir: En ti confío, Señor. Ayúdanos a reconocer el valor de la oración, la importancia de ese encuentro genuino contigo y tu Palabra de vida. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment