Monday, September 30, 2019

Give me just for today (Francisco Estrello)


Give me just for today
(Francisco Estrello)

Give me just enough bread for today,
and may it never deprive me of the pleasure
of thinking about the bread for tomorrow.
Permit me, Lord, to be like the bird,
that when night arrives, sweetly
sings a song of gratitude.

Give me your blessings just for today
and give me only the songs
to celebrate this day. May I rest without cares.
Thank you for the day I lived
and may I await the dawn without fears.

Give me only for today what is most urgent.
And never Lord may I be impatient
for the needs of tomorrow.
Tomorrow you will walk with me.
And like today, you will leave on my forehead
the kiss of your chaste, divine love.

 Translation by George Meek




Dame solo por hoy
(Francisco Estrello)

Dame pan, lo bastante para el día,
y que nunca me robe la alegría
el pensar en el pan de mañana.
Permíteme Señor, ser como el ave,
que al llegar la noche dulcemente
una canción de gratitud desgrana

Dame sólo por hoy tus bendiciones
y dame solamente las canciones
y con qué alegrar por hoy esta jornada. 
Que al ir a descansar, sin inquietudes,
por el día que viví te dé las gracias
y espere sin temores la alborada

Dame solo por hoy lo más urgente.
Y que nunca Señor esté impaciente
por las necesidades de mañana.
Mañana tú vendrás a  mi camino.
Y como hoy, dejarás sobre mi frente
el beso de tu amor casto y divino.



No comments:

Post a Comment