Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Wednesday, January 9 IT'S ALL UP TO YOU JOHN 15:26-27




Wednesday, January 8
Anniversary of the Church in Taguasco
IT'S ALL UP TO YOU
JOHN 15:26-27
If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love
John 15: 10a (NRSV)
            One day I painted with watercolors a marina where you could see some seagulls hovering over the deep blue ocean. The seagulls I painted were not as beautiful as God made them, and I don't know why I couldn't capture the sparkle and movement of the real waves. But I tried.
            As Christians, we try to live as Christ lived. Sometimes the brushstrokes of our life are not as precise as they should be, our hands are not as kind as his, our words are not as wise, our voice is not as sweet, but we try.
            When God looks at the life I am trying to live for Christ, God sees faults, stains, errors of judgment; but I know that beyond my actions, God sees my motives, and that beyond my weakness and limitations, God sees my heart and its impulses.
            Will the picture I paint today with my life bear good witness to my faith in Christ?

Prayer: Lord, help us to bear a good witness with our lives. Amen.

 Translation by John Potter

Enero 8, Miércoles
Aniversario de la Iglesia en Taguasco
TODO DEPENDE DE TI
JUAN 15:26-27
Si obedecen mis mandamientos permanecerán en mi amor
Juan 15: 10a

Un día pinté con acuarelas una marina en que se veían unas gaviotas revoloteando sobre el océano profundamente azul. Las gaviotas que pinté no eran tan bellas como Dios las hizo, y no sé porqué no pude captar el brillo ni el movimiento de las olas verdaderas. Pero lo intenté.
Los cristianos procuramos vivir como Cristo vivió. A veces las pinceladas de nuestra vida no son tan precisas como debieran serlo, nuestras manos no son tan bondadosas como las suyas, nuestras palabras no son tan sabias, nuestra voz no es tan dulce, pero lo intentamos.
Cuando Dios mira la vida que estoy procurando vivir por Cristo, ve faltas, manchas, errores de juicio; pero yo sé que más allá de mis acciones, Él ve mis motivos; y que más allá de mi debilidad y mis limitaciones, ve mi corazón y sus impulsos.
¿Dará buen testimonio de mi fe en Cristo, el cuadro que yo pinte hoy con mi vida?
Oración: Señor, ayúdanos a dar buen testimonio con nuestras vidas. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment