Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Tuesday, February 4. A PRICELESS GIFT PSALM 8



Tuesday, February 4
A PRICELESS GIFT
PSALM 8

When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers,
 the moon and the stars that you have established;
  what are human beings that you are mindful of them,
 mortals that you care for them?

Psalm 8: 3-4. (NRSV)

            I live where every morning I can see the city, the sea, the river, the bridges and very often enjoy the beautiful colors that announce the rising of the sun. Then my heart widens and I feel very small, but immediately I give thanks for that gift. Various thoughts come to mind. As the psalmist said: who am I to deserve all this? How great God is!

            During the day there are many moments, perhaps not so spectacular, when the goodness of the Creator is manifested: a child going to school, a grandparent walking along holding the hand of a grandchild, someone helping a blind person across the street, the old man who's always singing a song . . . .

            -So why am I nervous, anxious, worried?

            -Have I been able to realize how much good I receive and care for it?
           
Prayer: God, help me to see the good that you give me and to realize that there is far more good than bad. Help me to enjoy and care for what I have. Thank you for your gifts. I pray in Jesus’ name. Amen.


Translation by John Potter

Febrero 4, Martes
UN REGALO INAPRECIABLE.
SALMO 8
Cuando contemplo el cielo, obra de tus dedos, y la luna
y las estrellas que has creado, me pregunto:
¿ qué es el ser humano para que en él pienses?
¿qué es la humanidad, para que la tomes en cuenta?
Salmo 8: 3-4.
            Vivo en un lugar donde puedo ver cada mañana la ciudad, el mar, el río, los puentes y con mucha frecuencia disfruto los hermosos colores que anuncian la salida del sol. Entonces se ensancha mi corazón y me siento muy chiquita, pero inmediatamente doy gracias por ese regalo. Varios pensamientos vie-nen a mi mente; como el salmista digo: ¿quién soy yo para merecer todo eso? ¡Cuán grande es Dios!
            Durante el día se presentan muchos momentos, quizás no tan espectaculares, donde se manifiesta la bondad del Creador: un niño que va a la escuela, un abuelo o abuela que marcha de la mano de su nieto, una persona que ayuda a un ciego a pasar la calle, el anciano que siempre va entonando una canción….
            -Entonces, ¿por qué vivo inquieta, ansiosa, preocupada?
            -¿ He sido capaz de darme cuenta de todo lo bueno que recibo y de cuidarlo?
Oración: Oh Dios, enséñame a ver lo positivo que me das y a darme cuenta de que son más las cosas buenas que las que yo creo malas. Ayúdame a disfrutar y cuidar de lo que tengo. Gracias por tus regalos. Por Jesús. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment