Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Tuesday, June 2; THOSE WHO LOVE GOD WILL NOT LACK ANY GOOD THING



Tuesday, June 2
Anniversary of the Placetas Church
THOSE WHO LOVE GOD WILL NOT LACK ANY GOOD THING.
MATTHEW 25: 21

Well done, good and trustworthy slave; you have been trustworthy in a few things, I will put you in charge of many things
Matthew 25:21 (NRSV)

            When I was a little girl I used to go to the country to my maternal grandmother’s house for vacation. It was a beautiful time for me, and I was delighted to be surrounded by nature. Through the window of the room in which slept I could see a custard apple tree, and I fell asleep for my midday nap watching its branches move in the wind.

            I always wanted to live in a house where I could contemplate such a tree through the window of my room. That was one of my dreams, but I lived in the City, and thus it was very hard to make that dream a reality.

            When I came to know the Lord, I lived in an apartment surrounded by buildings, but within a few months I had a group of colleagues meeting in the small room of my house. Four years after opening the doors of my home to serve the Lord, God gave me a spacious house with a good patio for my weekly brotherhood meeting, and from the two windows in my room I can see leafy trees. Sometimes I feel that God didn't forget my dreams, nor did I.


Prayer: Lord, thank you for making the dreams of your children real. Help us to be faithful to your in order to deserve it.


Translation by John Potter


Junio 2,  martes
Aniversario Iglesia Placetas
Los que aman a Dios no tendrán falta de ningún bien.
MATEO 25; 21

“Bien, buen siervo y fiel, sobre poco has sido fiel, sobre mucho te pondré”
Mateo 25:21

            De pequeña solía ir al campo a casa de mi abuela materna a pasar las vacaciones. Era un tiempo hermoso para mí y mi deleite era estar rodeada de la naturaleza. En la ventana del cuarto donde dormía había un árbol de Anón y mirando moverse sus hojas con el viento dormía mi siesta del mediodía.

            Siempre desee vivir en una casa que pudiera contemplar algún árbol desde la ventana de mi cuarto, ese era uno de mis sueños. Pero vivía en la Ciudad y por tanto, me era muy difícil hacer realidad aquel sueño.

            Cuando conocí al Señor vivía en un apartamento rodeada de edificios, pero en unos pocos meses ya tenía un grupo de hermanos reuniéndonos en la pequeña salita de mi casa. A los 4 años de abrir las puertas de mi hogar para servir al Señor, Dios me regaló una casa amplia con un buen patio para la reunión semanal de mis hermanos y desde las dos ventanas de mi cuarto diviso árboles frondosos. A veces siento que Dios no se olvidó de mis sueños, ni yo.


Oración: Gracias Señor porque haces realidad los sueños de tus hijos. Ayúdanos a serte fieles para merecerlo.

No comments:

Post a Comment